Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Top Dog

Default Ginger's still sick

OK well the dog I'm sitting is still throwing up. I came over after school on Wednesday and she had Thrown up twice and had diarrhea twice. I figured she may be missing the family so was stressed out. She was acting fine, super playful and energetic. She was fine when I took her out that night, solid poop. Same with Thursday, she was fine all day. Then Yesterday I took her out in the morning, she peed but no poop and when I came over at 3 (after school) there was 1 big pile of throw up, two piles of diarrhea and a big mess of pee. The throw up is always bile, no blood in anything. When I take her out she is continuing to have diarrhea. This morning I went over and she had thrown up a small amount, it was pinkish but I really don't think it was blood once I wiped it up it did not have the pinkish tint (and the floor is pink so it could have affected it). Now she is not as peppy as usual so I'm getting really worried. Do you think I should bring her to the vet? The family will be home Sunday late morning. Do you think I should call them and ask if they want me to bring her to the vet, I have their number and the vet's number.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Love my pets

Being that it's not your dog and you are just dog sitting, I would call the vet and see what they say over the phone. If they say the dog should come in for a checkup, I would definitely call the owners and let them know & make a decision. it will show them you are a responsible person.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:34 AM
:( only one :(

Personally if this was my dog I'd hope that my dog sitter would call me and let me know even before calling the vet. I have it set up with my vets that if any of my dogs are sick while we're away that our sitter can take them in and we'd pay over the phone by credit card.

Also, maybe they might know what could be triggering her upset stomach.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Top Dog

Definitely call the owners and say that you'd feel better if you called their vet . It could be nothing , but you'd never forgive yourself it it's more serious .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/