Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Show Dog

Default just out of interest

I went to the vet on Saturday morning, to go and pay the final account for Buddy's burial. Its taken a while to be able to go back there and finalise everything, thank heavens the vet is very understanding. The vet assistant started to cry the moment she saw me, it was wonderful that she cared to much for Buddy.

Anyway, she was telling me that they have a baby Cheetha at the Cheetha Park that also has epilepcy, and that this baby cheetha is exactlly like Buddy, and she is so happy that now her and the Vet knows how to handle the situation so much more better because they were there all the way with Buddy.

But yet, I still dont find many people who know of dogs with epilipcy, even though i have had 2 vets tell me that its a very comman thing with dogs.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Felurian

Iky, it's so good to hear from you again!

That is odd, when you think about it. I've always read that epilepsy is becoming more and more common in dogs, but I've never met one face to face. That's a good thing; maybe it's not as common as we're led to believe.

How is Codi? Is he showing signs of being more like himself and moving through his grief?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-08-2004, 06:07 PM
agilitydobemom

It's common I am a Vet Tech and we see it often but preventitive medicine helps keep it under control thank heavens
Old 11-11-2004, 01:54 PM

Hey, Iky, I am also happy to hear from you! You take care...hugs to Codi. Bet he is getting bigger and more beautiful every day.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Show Dog

Codi is doing much better, he is getting really big now, and i think has worked through most of his grief, every now and then you can see he looks for Buddy, but we keep him occupied and try to keep his mind busy. he is also starting to learn manners, and is getting very good by not going out the door without his leash. today we left the door open, and he sat at it and didnt move an inch, as soon as we put his leash on, he got up and walked out. i was so proud of him.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Felurian

I'm so happy to hear that Codi is growing up so beautifully. And with manners!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Big Dog

Hi Iky Im new to this site and a vet nurse in Australia we see a lot of dogs with epilepsy it is very common but easy to treat luckily enough, I can understand how the vets staff you saw felt, its very hard for us aswell when our patients die especially if they have been in hospital (you get attached to them as well)
Old 11-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Show Dog

hey chell78, firstly welcome to the site. Thanx a million for your post, i know that it can be treated, but we were just one of the unlucky ones that we couldnt control it, even though we tried a lot.

Thanx a million for the post!