Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 04-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

Default Wrigley's first CPE Trial!, First Q!, First 1st!

Wow it was an exciting weekend. Wrigley and I traveled to Warrensburg IL for his first agility trial. We have been working hard for a year now taking classes and this was his first time competing. It was at the JFF of Central IL. I was rather worried as he has done very little outdoors and everything was to be outdoors. I entered him in Level 1 in 3 events--Standard, Wildcard, and Jumpers. In standard he had the fastest time but NQ'd due to have 10 faults--10 faults is allowed but it was comprised of too off courses so he was NQ'd--not bad though for a first run ever with lots of people and dogs watching and outdoors. The next run was Wildcard. He chose to start on what I hadn't planned on for his option so I had to think really quick and remember what side of obstacles I had to do later in the run as he did the tire/tunnel as opposed to dog walk/jump. But I pulled it off--not only did he Q with no faults but he also got 1st place! Yay! His third run was Jumpers--let's not talk about that--it was after all a long day

Here's a pic of him at the trial:

His ribbons:

And him wearing his ribbons (he didn't like this very much!)
Old 04-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Congratulations! It sounds like you both had a great first trial.

Our first trial of the year is this weekend - I hope we do as well!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Congrats!! I'll bet you are glad that is now under your belt and out of the way. That first trial is always the hardest, even if its just nerves for both dog and handler.

lol I have had a few runs that end in, 'lets not talk about that....' lol. It happens to everyone.
But the up swing of those runs, is they do tell us where our weakness are and what needs to be worked on.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Top Dog

Crongrats on the great work at your first trial!! Love the pics with him wearing the ribbons - LOL!!

Brandy: The B Hive (JRT) - ADC, SGDC, AADC, RPT, RNMCL, CL2, CL3-R, CL3-H, CL3-S, HIT Agility JRTRO 2009 Trial

Pet Portraits, Design & Photography
www.juliesillustration.com

www.dogznart.blogspot.com