Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Top Dog

Well when I had my son 16yrs ago I also had two dogs that rode in the back seat. I had a boat of a car two door model. I didn't even think of a barrier I just put my baby and the dogs in the back and we went all over the place. I didn't have any trouble with them sitting on him or even trying to knock him around.

How well mannered are you pups in the car?

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
There are a couple backseat barrier products like this... this one is just the first I found:

http://www.kurgo.com/products/bsb.ht...FQnOIgod2RFVZA

It divides front seat from backseat, and has an optional partition that can also limit dogs to one half of the backseat. (There is even a picture towards the bottom of the page with a child and a dog riding together.)

Hope that helps! Good luck!

EDIT: Here's another link that sort of shows how the divider attaches. Dunno if that would be enough to hold your dogs, but maybe that with a doggy seatbelt harness would do the trick?
http://www.topoftheline.com/auto-pet-dog-barrier.html
Wow that's amazing! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you - I've contacted them already to see if they will ship to Australia.

The dogs are very well behaved and well mannered in the car. They would not attempt to breach any kind of barrier and would sit quietly. Especially as they would have their seatbelts on, too. A visual barrier is enough for them - they never try to jump over, pull down or get around fencing. We've trained them that a barrier is a barrier and that's that. They're really good in that regard.

I put up a baby gate to the bub's room already, so they get used to not being allowed in there before she arrives, and they're so funny. They don't even try. They just sit behind it and look forlornly at you like you've insulted them by putting it there. It's very cute

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubylove View Post
Wow that's amazing! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you - I've contacted them already to see if they will ship to Australia.
I'm glad that I could help! If you get one, let me know what you think of it. I'm thinking of getting one for my car, but we don't have as pressing of a need for it right now.

Good luck!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

Good to see you and congratulations on the little one !!! I was going to suggest a gate or even put the baby in a crate ( could work ! ) but seems like others covered it a !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Training the Trainer

Hey Grammy! Nice to be back.

A crate!!! LOL. That's funny. I should do that.

A few weeks ago my brother was over with his wife and daughter and I looked out the back at the doggies and said `I wonder how my children are doing?'. He said `You won't be able to call them that after a few weeks' and I was like, `Er, why? They ARE our children. This baby will simply be our third child'.

He didn't really get it - I'd love to see his face if I told him we had a crate for the baby!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

Go for it !!! Double safety !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Looks like everyone has covered the suggestions, but its good to see you back

Congrats on the little one