Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgygirl View Post
OOOoooo....I'd be PISSED!! We've got quite a few that don't pick up over here (lol, last year signs were conveniently posted in the yards of the worst offenders....gave me a chuckle!) but at least they seem to keep it on the grass.

We live on a dead-end street and not in an apartment, but I'm amazed at the fact that other people on the street belive that it's ok to let their dogs poop in my yard since they know I have dogs and my dogs poop in my yard. Ummm...yeah. I scoop my front yard daily and backyard twice a day, but just because I don't mind scooping up after my dogs doesn't mean I don't mind scooping up after other people's dogs!

A couple that moved last year used to intentionally have their Dalmation poop in my yard for that very reason. She finally got the hint when I started collecting her dog's poop (which wasn't hard to distinguish since it's actually rare for me to take a dog out front to poop...plus her dog ate Pedigree & Pedigree poop is very different than Merrick and Evo poop) and went and dumped an entire plastic grocery bag full of it in their yard right in front of their front door. And this was AFTER I asked them not to let their dog poop in my yard.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:10 PM
and Fozzie B!

I totally agree with what you're saying... and, it's sad that so many of us have to go through this on a daily basis. D: My neighbors have 2 boisterous Weimeraners, who continuously jump the fence when ever I walk by with my dogs, and the owners continuously fail to take that as a hint! Last time it happened, and the owner came running out screaming, I asked her, "Have you EVER considered adding on to your fence, to prevent them from jumping?!" and she just looked confused. *sigh*

I don't think it's necessary to call the dogs "retards", "morons", or "stupid". They are just unlucky enough to have irresponsible owners - that's the bottom line. I'm sure if Oz was owned by an irresponsible owner and allowed to roam off-leash, he would do the same, I know Gonzo would. He has some of the same issues as Oz, which have also been aggrivated by being harassed by off-leash dogs on walks. It blows, but it is NO fault of the dog's.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Taxiderpy

Sometimes I am tempted to carry mace with me, instead of a squirt bottle. Maybe that would be the last time the dog charged somebody on the sidewalk. Then I realize that is probably too mean, because it's the owner who deserves a face full of mace.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
I totally agree with what you're saying... and, it's sad that so many of us have to go through this on a daily basis. D: My neighbors have 2 boisterous Weimeraners, who continuously jump the fence when ever I walk by with my dogs, and the owners continuously fail to take that as a hint! Last time it happened, and the owner came running out screaming, I asked her, "Have you EVER considered adding on to your fence, to prevent them from jumping?!" and she just looked confused. *sigh*

I don't think it's necessary to call the dogs "retards", "morons", or "stupid". They are just unlucky enough to have irresponsible owners - that's the bottom line. I'm sure if Oz was owned by an irresponsible owner and allowed to roam off-leash, he would do the same, I know Gonzo would. He has some of the same issues as Oz, which have also been aggrivated by being harassed by off-leash dogs on walks. It blows, but it is NO fault of the dog's.
Agreed^^
Old 04-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
do any of you with reactive dogs carry any type of deterrents on you to ward off any approaching dogs?

I think it's completely ironic that *I* am the one with the dog aggressive dog and *I* am the one that carries at least 5 deterrents on me. I even carry a bad cuz ball as a distraction tool for Ella. And I simply pray the day that I have to use that to get her attention off an off leash dog, that that off leash dog doesn't enjoy squeaky balls as much as she does.

I know people who carry treats on them to simply toss at off leash dogs. I REFUSE to do that. I REFUSE to reinforce the behavior of a dog rudely running up to us. To me, it's also a good way to get that off leash dog to continue following you.
I just.. that it mind-boggling, the stupidity of bringing treats for another dog.