Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
P.S. a lot of martingale hardware I've seen leaves a lot to be desired. I love my dogma london 'gales, but the hardware is too thin to logically use on a doberman. For this reason I would not buy a martingale online unless you've seen one of the same brand *in person*.
You're right. To add to that, I would NOT buy from 2 Hounds Design. I adore their collars, but the hardware is much too thin. While I trust them to hold Middie no matter what, and otherwise they are very strong, the hardware is almost on the light side, whereas I like to see it medium/thick.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 AM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
EDIT: Thanks for the advice on the martingales, Sizzle. I'd love to get a Paco collar too. But I dunno...the price is a bit intimidating.
Agreed, this is my biggest hurdle with Paco collars, Matt would KILL me if I spent $100 on a collar for Sierra... but they look so fantastic!

I'd consider it if I were in your shoes Gemp (with your dogs. Sierra's too little and not strong enough to justify NEEDING a collar like a Paco).

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
Yeah, the hardware is what worries me. Voodoo has gone through two slip chains by pulling the links apart, and the martingle hardware I've seen looks a bit flimsy for him. But that site Shadow posted does interest me! I'll check it out.
I'll take a picture of Hannah's super sturdy martingale close up so you can see the hardware and the super duty box stitching.

Amanda does a GREAT job. This thing is sturdy.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Matt would KILL me if I spent $100 on a collar for Sierra... but they look so fantastic!
Ah, but not all of them are $100. Ilsa's Paco Collar, had I actually paid for it, would have only been $66.95. Ronin's would have been $82.99

Got anything you can barter, Gemp? I looove their barter policy!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
feel the magic

You all know where my collar preferences lie. I always go with Collar Mania because I've used them, know they work, and tend to stick with what I've found works for Ella.

From having a dog aggressive puller who is as strong as an ox when she gets in the "zone", I'd have to say that Collar Mania makes pretty darn strong collars.
I have leather, nylon, and fabric collars in regular buckle and martingale style. I have yet to have a collar fail on me that has been made by Collar Mania. I deem myself pretty **** picky when it comes to equipment, too.

Collar Mania has a million choices (and Lisa always helps out those who have a hard time deciding on something) and her hardware is beefy AND strong.

Her prices are pretty reasonable as well.

ETA: also, if Lisa doesn't have something that you would like for your collar, she will try her hardest to get you what you want whether it be a fabric type or buckle type. She will do what is within her power to make your custom collar...well, custom.