Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Active Pup

Default Foreign Body in His Eye

Jin, my PWC, got a foreign body in his eye. I saw that his eyes were squinted and that the white portion was all red.

Brought him to the vet's yesterday and she said she couldn't do anything about it so I had to bring him to the Ophthalmologist and he had gotten eye medications and a numbing drop.

His eye is showing more of a green reflected hue. His scelera is still a bit red but after the foreign body was removed he stopped squinting. I hope he'll be fine.

Did anybody have an eye problem with their dog before?
Old 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My german shorthair had a piece of grass in his eye..we did drops and it got better. Mary my lab pointer crossbreed had a mole that grew on her eyelid that scratched the cornea. We had it removed all in all three times. It is amazing with the amount of damag e that mole did that her eye is clear and bright with no scarring. I couldn't get anyone to remove it last time they all said she was too old and no matter how much gel i put in it did quite a bit of damage. I had to bawl and beg for them to try which they finally did and now two years later she is having a great time with her pretty pretty eyes. I am sure your dog will be fine. IF Mary's eye could recoop after all of that!

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,