Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Felurian

Default Shiva in the Bee-MW

Oh, oh, oh. I just went to the bank. Drove the little $700 318i (NOT the 750il!!!) and let Shiva go with me. She loves to go places. You can imagine how she completely dominates the back seat of the little car. I had my window open and the sunroof open and started down the driveway when one of those giant wood-borer bees flew in the window.

Shiva catches bees.

It flew under my arm.

I'm holding my arm up, trying to dodge the rain-ruts in the driveway long enough to get to a flat spot where I can stop and get this cursed bee out of the car.

Shiva's seen the bee!

She's chasing the bee; the car's bouncing all over the driveway, straddled across a rut deep enough to swallow a Chevette. The bee is trying to crawl inside my shirt, Shiva's going after it.

At this point I'm yelling at Shiva to sit down and the brain is moving at warp speed trying to figure out if I can get my shirt off at this point without letting the car slide into the Grand Canyon.

And Shiva's decided to bark at the bee. The big bee in my shirt.

The bee finally quits trying to squoosh between cleavage (had to be a drone), circles the car twice, then decides to fly out the window just as Shiva's maw crashes shut between my ear and the window.

Last edited by Renee750il; 09-11-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Alpha Dog

Haaaa!!! haaaa!!!!! what a funny but freighting experience!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Show Dog

lol, I love your dogs, they are so funny! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time
Old 09-11-2004, 02:47 PM

OH....sorry to laugh....but I pictured it all!!! Bees in the car...BAD THING! Bee in your cleavage...WORSE THING! Shiva 'helping'....PRICELESS!

I trust you somehow managed to escape without a sting?? I bet people take a second look when they see such a big dog in the backseat of a little car, Shiva probably looks extra big (if that's possible, right?)

Good thing all this didn't happen while going down the hiway!! Glad you're ok!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Felurian

Oh, it was funny the whole time. I kept thinking, "is this gonna make a funny story or what?" And the bee tickled!

I'm not much of a panicker. Good thing, with my life!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Are you dead yet?

HAAAA HAA HAA! OMG You REALLY should install video cameras everywhere to capture some of the things Shiva does! What a character she must be.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Felurian

Oh, she'd find the cameras and just disassemble them. No, that's not right. Shiva - the lens hog (she's way past being a mere ham) - would stay in front of the camera all the time and Kharma would find them and disassemble them. I still haven't found the rest of the DVD remote, only the back of the battery case, and the home theatre remote is still MIA - Kharma's doing. She's also very methodically taken apart a portable phone. I can't decide if Kharma is mechanically inclined or a technophobe.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Ass Lover

I think you should start wearing a shirt when you drive.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Felurian

I WAS! I WAS! That was the problem! Combined with the giga-mongous bee and crazed, bee chasing, barking mammoth.

I don't know if those wood-borers sting or not, but it didn't really seem like a good time to research the question.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I'm sorry, but that would have been so funny to see. I can picture it now...That is too funny. That's kind of like the time I had Bula and Dixie in the front seat of my truck with me, and there was another dog outside walking down the road. Of course the dog was on my side of the truck, so Bula and Dixie are both crawling over me to get to where they can see this other dog. Both of them are barking like crazy and I am trying to drive down the road, (it's really hard to see when Bula is standing on your lap looking out the window) without running into anyone. They wouldn't stop barking until that other dog was out of site, then they just went back to their seats and sat there quietly.....