Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Show Dog

Default Huge Photo Dump- Maya and Murphy in the Snow

Well I promised pics today since we planned to take the dogs hiking. The snow put a stop to that, but it worked out just as well. We made today all about the dogs, plenty of playtime, and later on they will get plenty of cuddle time. We thought Murphy didn't like the snow, but it turns out he just doesn't like going potty when it's snowing. He loves loves loves to eat snow. He has asked to go out a million times today b/c he eats the snow and then has to pee, and then eats more snow. It's a vicious cycle. He's still not as fond of it as Maya, but he definitely loves to play. We don't have a fenced in yard yet (but after today, it's an even bigger priority) so we took the dogs out to the common area on their 20 foot leashes. Then later on in the day when the roads were better we took them to my mom's so they could run around the fenced in backyard. I don't think I've ever seen a dog as happy as Maya is when she gets to run and play. She was really in her element today. I took about 300 pictures, so narrowing them down was difficult. I hope you enjoy them!

This was Murphy 90% of the time. His head in the snow, eating it.

The first of many snowballs my husband threw for the dogs.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Show Dog

I need to get this dog into agility. I have got to find the time. I just have to.

I've put up a lot of Murphy's playing pics, but honestly a lot of what he did was just stay on the porch or wander around.

I love this one.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Show Dog

I have a picture almost exactly like this from when she was about a year old, just minus the snow.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Show Dog

The End.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Love my pets

Great pics. They defnitely need a fenced in yard. Look at all that energy they have.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Show Dog

I know, we try to go for lots of walks, but especially with the two of them it just doesn't seem like enough. My parents only live 2 miles away, so we take advantage of their backyard whenever we can. We're hoping to fence in the yard in the next couple of months. My husband has all these plans for the backyard, but I've finally convinced him that it will take a while to save up for it and in the meantime we at least need to put a fence up. Murphy would probably do fine off leash, he never wanders far from us, even on a long leash. As much as he loves to chase cats and anything else, all it takes is saying his name sharply to stop him in his tracks. Maya is another story entirely. We've worked on recall, but if she sees something and wants to give chase, or does not want to come inside, she is not going to listen period. To get her in from my mom's backyard yesterday my brother had to call her with a treat, she knew we wanted to go in and wouldn't come near us for anything, luckily she didn't think he would try to catch her.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Beautiful dogs! & great pictures. What kind of camera do you have?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
Beautiful dogs! & great pictures. What kind of camera do you have?
I just bought a Nikon D60. I love it. Those pictures were all taken on auto setting since I don't know how to use the thing yet, but I can't wait to learn more. I thought my little point and shoot took good pictures, but this camera takes amazing pictures.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

Beautiful shots, boxers always look so notorous when they are running away from other dogs when they play lol.

“Violence begins where knowledge ends.” –Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
swimming upstream

your two are just beautiful--I loved the pics. of the two of them running....flapping flews and tongue lol!