Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 08-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

Default i think it is time for a trim- from me

now i know what ur thinking, taking him to a groomers ...but if you see my signiture, you will see that he is very scruffy which is soo cte.. but his hair is getting soooo long near his eyes it is getting into his eyes..i like the fur on the rest of his body the size it is though..so do u think I can just trim it ?
also , don't worry I'll take him to the groomers for this but ...do u think he would look cute with a different fur style..I mean just shorter...his face is adorable,, and i think all that long facial fur makes him look like an old man so i think i might want ti shorter for him.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Stare at my avatar....

Maybe you could leave the hair on top of his head and on his ears the same and just trim the hair right on top of his eyes and on his snout. I think he'd look cuter that way

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 08-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Top Dog

.....good idea!
Old 08-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Are you dead yet?

I personally wouldn't get scissors anywhere near the face of a puppy. JMO. Too easy to injure an eye even with rounded-tip scissors.
It's kind of hard to tell, but does that hair just grow right near the corners of his eyes? If so, it'd be really easy for a groomer to just take some clippers to his eye corners and shave away some of that pesky hair.

As for getting his face trimmed, I think he'd look cute with a slightly shorter haircut - just don't go as far as to give him a clean face.. I think that always looks goofy on wirehaired dogs.
Also, I don't know his coat texture, but if he has true wire-hair, you could probably find a groomer that could strip his coat so it would be slightly shorter and smoother, but natural looking still. (Clipping the coat changes the color and texture)
Old 08-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Quigleyfied

personally i don't trim or cut any of the hair of my quigley, but i strip him. stripping doesn't change the inherent texture of the coat (unlike trimming/cutting) and makes the dog look more natural. essentially stripping is pulling out the "dead" hair that comes loose easily.

a vigorous brushing can take care of a lot of the parts of the coat that have grown out, especially if you use a shedding blade.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

thanks guys for all ur info, i have clippers. my mother held his face tight and i just did the corners, i made so his head was in no position to move. he looks cleaner faced and younger,, very cute!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Are you dead yet?

Take a picture!
Old 08-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

im so lazy..he he its 9:00 here i will tomorrow he looks like a chihuahua with black and whits hair
Old 08-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Top Dog

LOL... I would always trim my Eli (furry/hairy golden) myself. I just took the shears and went to town. He had such LONG feathers... all down his legs, his paws, his chest, his belly, his panties, his tail. I would comb him out constantly with an underbrush then trim him with the scissors. He looked like a different breed when I was done with him! And it always looked like he weighed 10 pounds less... (I think that's as much hair as I got out of him, though). He usually looked pretty good except for his "choppy paws". When I would cut the hair out from his toes and pads they usually ended up looking butchered. He would be like "MAAAMAAAA... it wooks wike my paws were caught in a tlap!" (he couldn't say his "R's" )
Old 08-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

Then he'd come crying to Grammy !!!!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/