Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

Default The truth about Pit Bulls

I thought this was a good video. A bit graphic in the middle, but nothing that has been over exaggerated by any means.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

Last edited by nedim; 06-16-2005 at 12:08 PM. Reason: stupid typo
Old 06-16-2005, 11:53 AM
DILLIGAF?

That one has beenposted on here aready. But it is a good video and thanks for bringing it up again.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Top Dog

Oops. Didnt catch it. Oh well, I dont think anyone will mind it.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:06 PM
DILLIGAF?

Nope I don't think anyone will either with all the new members that have joined since it was last posted.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

I have seen that before on another board....It makes me so sad and angry at the same time
Old 06-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Puppy Dog

Yes it is sad, but it is not just pitbulls. How many dogs are starved like that, loose their hair due to lack of proper nourishment?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Puppy Dog

Or look at a site like this http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog.html
pitbulls get a lot of publicity donīt they, what about these poor little buggers

Last edited by Patrick and Lino; 06-16-2005 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Wanted to give it more effect
Old 06-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Jerk.

That video should be brought up at least once a month just for thew new members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Top Dog

OMG that video is horribl!!!! I've never sseen it before and it's just gruesome. Those poor pits!!!

That other website seemed a bit too over zealous!
Isn't there someone on here that is a musher? Well do her dogs get treated like this?:

(The Dog - Sport - 01) One of the sled dogs is being dragged on the ice. It is either dead or unconscious, and most likely the musher has fallen asleep in the sled. This is using dogs for the pleasure of humans, and as we can see here, it can result in injury and death.

(The Dog - Sport - 02) The sled dogs in this compound are tethered to poles with just enough length to allow the dogs to enter their shelters and to get food and water. It is obvious to us, from this photo, that these dogs are not companions, they are possessions. They may be "cared for" in much the same way as car racers care for their vehicles, but they are not loved.

(The Dog - Sport - 03) This photo gives us a closer look at the chain tethers that are used to keep these sled dogs confined. This dog is obviously bored and frustrated and has resorted to digging as a way to occupy his or her time. These dogs aren't even allowed the pleasure of playing together.

(The Dog - Sport - 04) There has been a lot of "glamour" associated with mushing and dog sled racing, particularly with the Iditarod. But the glamour is for some humans and not for the dogs. The dogs may seem eager, since being faced with a choice between the boredom of the compound or pulling a sled, the dogs may choose to pull the sled; but that is really the result of the psychology of raising sled dogs. All the pent-up energy and boredom is channeled into sled pulling; in other words, the dogs are being manipulated. Do not support these inhumane practices. Dogs should not be USED. They should be loved

I don't think so! (I hope not) But this site claims that it is cruel to have dogs pull sleds like this. I think it gives them something to do and makes the dogs happy, but that's just my opinion.

I just think that site is being a little over kill about most of those issues.
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill."

RIP Chief.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Jerk.

There are many mushers who treat their dogs quite well, and do not keep more dogs than they can handle or work. Mushing can and is done with the dogs best care in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin