Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Squishy22

Thumbs down Off to the vet... again.

As some of you know, my moms dog was seen by the vet for a UTI just the other day. Well, my mother noticed that her dog has been licking her front paws. She checked her paws out and the pads were all red and inflamed. She was taken to the vet at 4 pm today. Apparently her feet get wet outside and they dont completely dry, so she has a fungus growing between her toes.

Even more bad news... the vet noticed a heart murmur. Suggested seeing a heart surgeon, because she could need a pacer. So now she has to go in to see the vet in a couple weeks to see the surgeon. No need to worry about money. We have a payment plan worked out, THANK GOD!

This is a fine example to everyone including members and lurkers to NEVER buy a puppy from a pet shop. No matter how cute that little puppy looks in that window. These dogs have so many health problems its not even funny. Her dog is going def and half blind and she is only 5 years old. She has eye drops that she has to take for the rest of her life or else she will completely lose her vision. Dont contribute to these nasty businesses and breeders by giving them money!! You are getting riped off in the end anyway.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Did the vet say what grade or type the murmur was ??

The reason Im asking, is because my Chloe has a heart murmur and she was referred to a cardiologist...

If it were me, I would "try" to get a cardiologist's opinion before I even went and talked with a surgeon..

I hope she feels better soon
Old 09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
Did the vet say what grade or type the murmur was ??

The reason Im asking, is because my Chloe has a heart murmur and she was referred to a cardiologist...

If it were me, I would "try" to get a cardiologist's opinion before I even went and talked with a surgeon..

I hope she feels better soon
He just said it was an irregular heart beat. He mentioned heart disease. He wasn't too sure what it could be caused from so thats why he suggested seeing a surgeon. I hope her meds work fast. Her poor little feet are bothering her.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
He just said it was an irregular heart beat. He mentioned heart disease. He wasn't too sure what it could be caused from so thats why he suggested seeing a surgeon. I hope her meds work fast. Her poor little feet are bothering her.
I would definitely see if you could have a referral to a cardiologist because sometimes an irregular heartbeat is just an irregular heartbeat.. and a cardiologist will be able to give you more insight into what is going on with her heart than a "regular" vet will be able too.. and of course, I wouldnt want her to have to have surgery that wasnt needed..

I do hope that she feels better soon and Im glad things are getting worked out...
Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
I would definitely see if you could have a referral to a cardiologist because sometimes an irregular heartbeat is just an irregular heartbeat.. and a cardiologist will be able to give you more insight into what is going on with her heart than a "regular" vet will be able too.. and of course, I wouldnt want her to have to have surgery that wasnt needed..

I do hope that she feels better soon and Im glad things are getting worked out...
I will definitely look into that. Thanks for the advise. I would have never thought of that.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

^ I second that!

I am happy to hear that your Mom has figured out a way to set up a payment plan! (I am sure you di have something to do with that, too )

Lots of good vibes and I hope your mom's dog feels better soon and it is nothing serious!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
^ I second that!

I am happy to hear that your Mom has figured out a way to set up a payment plan! (I am sure you di have something to do with that, too )

Lots of good vibes and I hope your mom's dog feels better soon and it is nothing serious!
Thanks! I am so very happy that money wont be an issue anymore. Big sigh of relief...
Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Top Dog

Yes, definately have her seen my a cardiologist. You wouldn't go to a proctologist for an ear ache.... even though they are both an orifice. Certain doctors specialize in a certain field. I hope it's nothing more than a benign murmer that will not require surgery. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 09-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy2394 View Post
Yes, definately have her seen my a cardiologist. You wouldn't go to a proctologist for an ear ache.... even though they are both an orifice. Certain doctors specialize in a certain field. I hope it's nothing more than a benign murmer that will not require surgery. Keep us posted on how she's doing.
Makes complete sense.

I will definitely update.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Rebel With Cause

Reggin now you make me proud. I am very happy to see that your pup yes it kind of is yours too right is getting the care it needs. It is so great to see the turn around and about the heart mummer yes I agree with Jess. Kahlua had one but sadly as she is a rescue I saved from the needle she was neglected and now is in CHF . I spend over $ 75.00 every two weeks on her meds. Do let that one go into this shape . Again I am proud of you.