Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Angry Beautiful Pit on T.V.

news just now in Indy. Lovely white dog, in a cage with loving big eyes and sweet smile................only problem...he attacked a mail carrier (female today ) ....crashed through the screen door and ripped her arm in three places. They interviewed her with blood soaked shirt and pants. He's at the control center until his fate is decided . Once again, because of the owners (probably) this boy will be put down. It's real problem here . They are bought for the wrong reason and never trained properly. So sad !
Old 06-06-2005, 07:39 PM
user not active

Its never the dogs fault always an owner? Interesting. A dog can do no wrong.

I love the hypocracy of pit bull owners/supporters.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:41 PM
~3 Mutts~

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw

A dog relies on it's owners to teach it right from wrong. It's the owner's fault for not teaching their dog. And, yes, I'm a Pit Bull lover.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purr
A dog relies on it's owners to teach it right from wrong. It's the owner's fault for not teaching their dog. And, yes, I'm a Pit Bull lover.
Training goes only skin deep, the genetics go far deeper.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:15 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purr
I agree w/ everything you just said!!! I also like the pit bull breed, they are so cute to me!!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw

Speaking of Hypocrisy, how come when it is a Akita mix who attacks a jogger it (according to your early post in another thread http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5803 ) is the jogger's fault? If you check out the link in my sig. you will find that pitbulls (even poorly bred ones) are consistently more stable and less likely to attack the most other dogs.

Every time these reports come in on pitbulls attacking there is evidence of abuse when the reporter cares to do some research. I challenge anyone to find stats that support the idea that pitbulls are more human aggressive than any other breed.

I have witnessed many dogs rescued from fighting rings that have turned out to be fine with people (Many do remain dog aggressive). So it is Nuture and training much more than Genetics. People don't seem to understand or want to understand that Pitbulls were never bred to be people aggressive.

The whole pitbull media frenzy is just hype meant to catch headlines. When Pitbulls do something positive reporters won't even mention the breed name. Also sometimes when the report comes in of a pitbull attack you see the pictures and it turns out to be a Lab or some other breed. Some reporters just think anything that attacks is a pitbull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siemens716
Not sure where i stand on the pit bull issue, but it seems like that is the only breed in the news for the last few years (other than pressa canarios). conicindence or just the media picking on a breed it knows well?
Siemens716 -- You are not alone a lot of dog lovers who are very rational have been influenced by the media hype. Please check out the link in my sig. It is not my website but it is a very informative website. The Media picks on Pitbulls just like it loves to put a black man on the news as the bad guy. We have tons of White Guys (FYI I am a White guy) stealing us blind or creating unsafe work conditions** that result in death but the media doesn't cover that, they want to maintain the exciting dangerous black man Stereotype.

The Pitbull is no different. In dog bites the Pitbull is consistently in the bottom 1/4 and pass the Humane Society tempermant test over 80% of the time (higher than the beloved Golden Ret.) Please don't believe the hype and help educate others.

also your Ridgeback is very majestic looking

**White collar crime costs us more in money and lives every year than Street crime. (Shepard and Greene)
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer
Speaking of Hypocrisy, how come when it is a Akita mix who attacks a jogger it (according to your early post in another thread http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5803 ) is the jogger's fault? If you check out the link in my sig. you will find that pitbulls (even poorly bred ones) are consistently more stable and less likely to attack the most other dogs.
If only you would have finished reading both threads before you replied...
Old 06-06-2005, 07:40 PM
~3 Mutts~

AW! That's so sad!!! I can't believe that.....
Old 06-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

That's really sad....although what if it was a genetic thing or some kind of medical problem. Is that a possiblity?
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill."

RIP Chief.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I am a pitbull owner. I do not agree with you whatsoever orion. It is not the dogs fault. He could not help if he was bred wrong, or mistreated, or teased by the mail carrier. Who knows how the attack occured. I seriously doubt the pitbull got up this morning and decided to attack the mail lady. It is up to the owners to properly train their pits (or any breed of dog) how to behave properly. Pitbulls are EXCEPTIONAL family dogs. Well known on being able to tolerate the rough and tumble play of kids. They are extremely people loyal (friendly). Who knows the circumstances on why this dog attacked. Maybe this dog had been mistreated, or the mail lady might have teased the dog. I have seen mail carriers tease dogs around here (I live close to Indy) so I know it happens.