Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default Canidae are good people

Well Hannah and Elwood eat the canidae chicken meal and rice formula kibble. I was interested in adding a little bit of canned to Hannah's food and asked if they had a coupon because I didn't want to spend over $1 a can for a food that was going to upset Hannah's tummy. I was expecting maybe a coupon for thirty cents off or something which would have been ok for me.

Anyways a couple weeks go buy and I figure they didn't have coupons or anything. Well then suddenly I get in the mail from the Canidae company 2 coupons for 3 free cans of canidae canned foods. So I was able to pick up 6 free cans of their food and only had to pay for the tax. That was so awesome and as much as Hannah does like the canned food and I'd love keep giving it too her it'd be too expensive to keep up . But atleast I can spoil her for a little bit. I also just got in the mail another coupon for their kibble which I plan to use next time I need it. I just bought kibble today and then went and checked the mail and there was a coupon for their kibble. I would just take it back and rebuy it with the coupon but don't feel like going through the hassle so I'll wait until next month.

I think that was so awesome of them seeing as I didn't even inquire about the second coupon it just showed up in the mail (I wonder if it was by accident or something though). Regardless I got a coupon for their kibble too.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Water Junkie

Yes, they are very good people.

YAY...glad Holly is able to keep it down!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Yes, they are very good people.

YAY...glad Holly is able to keep it down!
Oh no Holly can't keep it down. Just Hannah and Elwood eat it. Holly exploded last time we put in 1/2 cup to 3 and 1/2 cups of her Timberwolf organics. Timberwolf and Solid gold seem to be the only two foods she can tolerate and even those are hit or miss as we've been having problems with her and the Timberwolf now as well. Although now we have a new vet and will hopefully find out if something is wrong with her. I mean her reaction to everything just can not be right.

I went to buy kibble today though and I buy the 33 lb bag of the chicken meal and rice and it was $25 at the local feed store (I never went there before but I think it's cheaper at this place than where I usually go and closer too) but the regular and platinum formula were like $35 for around the same weight of food ! I wonder why the price difference and was just glad that I wasn't buying one of those two formulas.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Water Junkie

Ohhh I must have read your post wrong....

You only pay $25 for a 33lb bag! That's insane! We payed almost $40 for that same kind!!!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:

You only pay $25 for a 33lb bag! That's insane! We payed almost $40 for that same kind!!!
No we mistake the two all the time as well. We thought it'd be neat to have our dog's names both start with the same letter but it's just really confusing !

Yeah we paid $25 for it today but I think we usually pay about $28 for the 33 lb bag and that lasts us for the month feeding both Hannah and Elwood. Plus I was so psyched to get a FREE measuring scoop in with the kibble this time! I had been seeing it in the bags of original formula but I don't buy that and then today I saw it in with the kibble I bought and was so excited! I was like a little kid looking for the prize in a cereal box digging through all the kibble trying to find it

Old 04-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Water Junkie

I feel left out now We pay more, and have NEVER gotten a free measuring cup

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 04-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:

Nope here in the Chicago area most places have the Chicken or the lamb for like $25-27 for the 33 pounder and the ALS is about $35 for the 40 pounder
I started to use Canidae due to free samples given at the store and the co. also mailed me some when I emailed them Thor is such a picky eater wanted to be sure he would eat it first. When they came out with the lamb I asked and was sent some of them as well a great Co. to deal with.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:20 AM
Don't encourage me..

That's insane... I pay over $55 for a 33lb bag of Royal Canin here!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

I love getting the 40lb bag, because they always put something free inside! So far I have gotten coupons for free stuff, a cool 2007 magnet calender, and a scoop. >^_^<

Plus, I only pay about $35 for the 40lb bag. >^_^<

Eevee
13-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Active Pup

Which Canidae would be good for a 2 month old puppy?