Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Water Junkie

Default Weird...?

Okay, this is going to sound kinda weird probably, but

About 7 months ago we switched the dogs from PMI High Pro (Basically Purina) to Canidae ALS.

Now, I have seen NO CHANGES! The only thing that has changed some is that Lizzie's stool is not runny, but not firm still. No coat or teeth or breath changes. Also, Major's coat seems to be getting worse and worse...any recommendations for that?

Is this maybe just because this food is not working?

I am going to be changing over to a grain free food in the weeks to come.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

diffrent foods are diffrent with diffrent dogs, thats all i know to say.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Top Dog

What is it about Major's coat that is bad?

I agree that different foods work differently on different dogs. Canidae may not be the best choice for your gang and you will only know if you try something else.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Water Junkie

Major's coat has just gotten worse and worse...it's not curly like it (it lays very flast now and has gotten gray, and I know that is just age, but it happened fast) was and it's not soft. Very dull.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Hmmm... I noticed huge changes when I switched Kai off Purina. I don't even feed the very best food. The vet is advising me to keep him on Natural Balance until he's diagnosed and his coat looks a million times better now than it did when he ate Purina...

I guess I would just suggest that you either try something else or try adding a fish oil supplement.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Water Junkie

I was supplementing with Fish Oil and Vit. E. I probably should start that again.

I think I may have found the problem. A few months ago I was giving the dogs Canned EVO and Innova Senior, plus fish oil and Vit. E. His coat was thriving then.... He did very well on the Canned EVO. I will just start him on the EVO again.

Okay...should I feed him the Senior Innova or just the EVO and RM? Are there any benefits to feeding the senior food?

l ~Jennifer~ l