Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Squishy22

Smile Can you guess the breed?

Hello, I am new. I just wanted to post some pics of my new puppy. I take him to the dog park and his breed is often mistaken. Very few people get it correct. He is 10 weeks old and 16 pounds. Any guesses?

Old 04-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

one of the bully breeds but which one I'm not sure Or I could be completely wrong But he's a purebred right? Is it a rare breed? I'll just say APBT even though that's probably wrong it was worth a try, Oh well I'm no good at guessing breeds

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Your Mom

Do you have a good head shot?
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Squishy22

Here is the best head shot I have right now. He is pure bred and far from being rare.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
He is pure bred and far from being rare.
I didn't think he was rare but just covering all my bases I'll stick to APBT for now.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
treehugging clicker freak

It's very hard for me to tell when they're pups, especially this young. If I had to guess, I'd say American Bulldog (?)

Cute regardless!!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Island dweller

I see a bit of bull terrier in some of the photos but not enough to make me think purebred. It's tough to tell at such a young age. Looks like he's going to get pretty big though.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Your Mom

I can't tell the head shape. In pups so many of the bull breeds look alike (and yes, I do have a bull breed puppy myself). My pup was 17 pounds at 12 weeks, so I'll have to say yours is AB perhaps?

The problem is even within the bull breeds (example: Johnson vs. Scott-type ABs) there can be a HUGE difference in conformation. Even within litters! A woman down the street from me has a male and female AB from the same litter, and the female is the size of, and has the looks of, an APBT.

I get APBT and Boxer a lot when people see my pup. I've gotten AB twice. I don't expect anyone to know she's an ABBB (or ever know what one is!), I just take that as an opportunity to educate them on bull breeds.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Squishy22

Reggin is an american pitbull terrier. Pure bred. Most people think he is an american bulldog or boxer. I dont see boxer at all, lol. one man thought he was a jack russel terrier. The other day a lady tried to argue with me that he is part boxer, eventhought I know his parents.

I had a rottweiler a few years ago, so I am used to people knowing the breed right away. Its obviously harder to guess bully breeds though.

Thanks for everyones guesses!!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
Reggin is an american pitbull terrier. Pure bred. Most people think he is an american bulldog or boxer. I dont see boxer at all, lol. one man thought he was a jack russel terrier. The other day a lady tried to argue with me that he is part boxer, eventhought I know his parents.

I had a rottweiler a few years ago, so I am used to people knowing the breed right away. Its obviously harder to guess bully breeds though.

Thanks for everyones guesses!!
How big are his parents?