Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Top Dog

Default I'm stumped.

Okay so.. we swapped Cheza off Diamond Lg. Breed Puppy food over to Eagle Pack Lg. Breed puppy... and I'm at a total loss.
Cheza wont eat it... she will sniff it and walk away from the bowl unless we mix a bunch of crap in there to make it taste better (I guess?)

Can anyone make a suggestion as to a good, high quality food for a giant puppy that seems to taste really good? Cause it looks like we're gonna have to swap her again :/

Some of the brands i've been looking at are Timberwolf, Chicken Soup, and Canidae ALS.

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

She doesn't have to be on large breed puppy, adult foods will work as well. Innova makes a large breed puppy and I think Canidae is great for the giants as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

Oh Innova... right I forgot about them lol. Canidae All Life Stages is another one we're considering... I can get ahold of just about any food here too, which is nice. Thanks for the response!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

I guess what confuses me is Innova's Evo is recommended for all life stages, but it has such a high protein content, and I've always been told that's bad for giant puppies. The regular Innova Large Breed looks good though.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheza View Post
I guess what confuses me is Innova's Evo is recommended for all life stages, but it has such a high protein content, and I've always been told that's bad for giant puppies. The regular Innova Large Breed looks good though.
I'm totally in love with Innova EVO, but my merrick isn't getting it until he reaches two years old. It has tons of good stuff in it, .. and it makes them grow too fast. However, all the other stuff Innova has would be super.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Yeah you dont want to feed EVO to a large breed puppy, but they do have the regular Innova which is all life stages, or there is the Innova large breed puppy...
Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Yeah that one looks pretty good, and hopefully tasty :P
Old 04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
lurking near the surface

sylvie was raised on purina and petigree, and wouldnt TOUCH eagle pack when i started switching her. she would spit it out. i just went more gradually, and as i increased her eagle pack, i would add some goodies into the mix like eggs or yogurt or broth. it took longer, but now she loves it.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal" [Proverbs 12:10]
Old 04-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Big Dog

Is Diamond a bad brand of dog food?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Top Dog

If Cheza is kind of a picky eater, I highly recommend getting samples. The local stores have them sometimes, and you can also email the companies for free samples.

Good luck!