Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-23-2007, 08:32 AM
I run with scissors

Default Does dry dog food get stale?

I keep Charlie's food in a big tupperware-like tub. He has, of course, figured out how to get the lid off and get himself a bite to eat whenever he feels like it. Then it sits there with the lid off for hours until I notice it. I put that darn lid back on so many times that I'm kind of over it and have just been leaving it off and letting him "graze" the past few days. Will it get stale? Is there any problem with this? If so, any suggestions for something I can keep his food in that he can't get into? That dog is like Houdini.

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Get an air-tight container like this. And yes, Kibble can go stale.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I run with scissors

Thanks. I'll give it a try. But I just about guarantee Charlie will find a way to get it open. He got the sprayer unscrewed from the hose, and then got the hose unscrewed from the faucet. He now drags the hose (which is ruined with teeth-holes) around the yard all day, having the most wonderful time.

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I find them hard to open from time to time, especially after my husband has closed them. Lol. I hope it works! Good luck.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Love my pets

I keep mine in the pantry closet so they can't get to it.