Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
mostly ignored...

Default More bragging on Sunny

I am officially obsessed with my pup...It's really sad. But I can't resist, I have to tell these two stories...I will try and be brief.
The first was yesterday at obediance. Sunny was the STAR. We all had our dogs in down stays and had to walk across the room. Not only did sunny stay but he stayed when a little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel got up and started climbing over him. I told him "Leave it" and reinforced the stay and he STAYED!!! I was sooo proud. We actually missed a class because of my Grandpa dying but we are doing better then most of the class. This is what the instructor said, not just my egotistical evaluation I know, I'm a dork.
The other thing is we just taught him "find it".He learned in about 10 minutes. Right now it's only smelly things like cheese and peanut butter bread. He is SOOO good at this game! We played in the backyard with the peanut butter bread, drug it around on the ground while he was in a stay in the other direction, then released him and said "find it!" and he trailed it but good! He actually followed the circle with his nose that I had made. So proud of my boy! He pointed to the cheese in the house since he couldn't quite get it out without upsetting things ! It was so cute. Anyway, I think I am done now...sorry for being a disgusting puppy momma.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
~3 Mutts~

Nah! You're not a dork! You should go look at my thread in the training section . On page 2 I'm bragging about something pretty sad. LOL We can't help it! We're puppy momma's! I fully enjoyed Sunny's stories!!
Old 04-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Big Mutts

That's so sweet and you are not a dork, brag all you want Sunny is doing wonderful!
Old 04-21-2005, 12:42 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

since u work with teenagers..u might teach sunny to sniff something else out..just don't tell the kids! I got a page in a book that will tell you how to do that..i will look for that book this evening. GGGGOOOOO SUNNY PUP!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

Way to go Sunny! Sunny, you're doing such a great thing and I'm sooooo glad you're Mommy is telling us about it. Not only do we love to hear these dog stories because we're all obsessed, but it is bound to boost your self esteem and that's a good thing. I'm proud of you too Sunny. LOL.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Love my pets

Congrats to Sunny! I bet he's the bright light in his class. It's great to hear when our pups are doing so well in training. Let us know how he progresses.