Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 11-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Top Dog

Default Cats and the things they find comfortable

Does anyone elses cats sleep in wierd places? Angel prefers to sleep on the newspaper rather than his bed lol. Here are a few pics, if you have any please share!

Angel asleep on the radiator

Angel sitting on the bike exercise machine

Old 11-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Dog Crazy

AWHhh Angel is Lovely!! My cats sleep on top of the boiler lol.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

How adorable! My kitties sleep in weird places too. . .like on the shelves in the kitchen, they worm their way into gift bags and curl up adn they sleep in funny ways liked stretched out with their head hanging off the couch, and curled up in the teeensiest little ball. . .they're adorable
Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
How adorable! My kitties sleep in weird places too. . .like on the shelves in the kitchen, they worm their way into gift bags and curl up adn they sleep in funny ways liked stretched out with their head hanging off the couch, and curled up in the teeensiest little ball. . .they're adorable
Awwww they are so cute aren't they!!! You should take pics .
Old 11-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
Awwww they are so cute aren't they!!! You should take pics .
If I had a digital camera I would have by now But when I get the film developed I will share and then.. . .take more pics!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
If I had a digital camera I would have by now But when I get the film developed I will share and then.. . .take more pics!
YAY!! Can't wait!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Mutts to you

Kase: What a beautiful kitty Angel is! Does she live up to her name?

This is our three-legged kitty, Allegro, at 6mos.:

This is Allegro now, sleeping on Sis' lap and distributing hair on her laptop. He's gotten a tad larger. Lol!

Mr. Lionel Skritchie sitting on Sis' McClellan saddle (rigged in the enlisted man's 1864 style):

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 11-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Mutts to you

More pics! Somewhere there's an old photo of our Siamese, sleeping on the cooking range, amidst the pans. He was always searching for a warm spot. If I can find it, I'll scan it and post it too.

This was Dominic, one of our old kitties, in his favorite spot:

Another old kitty, Brando, on one of his favorite perches:

Brando again, in forbidden territory:

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 11-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

Snark!! Your pics are brilliant! They are all so adorable, I love the one of Mr. Lionel Skritchie sitting on the saddle (stunning saddle by the way!) and the one of Dominic in the basket .

Hehe Angel is a boy with a girly name . Technically his name is Angelus- he lives up to his 'real' name .
Old 11-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
Snark!! Your pics are brilliant! They are all so adorable, I love the one of Mr. Lionel Skritchie sitting on the saddle (stunning saddle by the way!) and the one of Dominic in the basket .

Hehe Angel is a boy with a girly name . Technically his name is Angelus- he lives up to his 'real' name .
Oops! Sorry, Angel!

Thanks! The credit for the pics will have to go mainly to Sis, I get a few that turn out but mostly I'm happy if I haven't included my thumb in the photo. Lol!

The McClellan saddle was one of two we found at an antiques place, years ago, and they are surprisingly comfortable to ride in. Mine is stamped 1912 and all I had to replace was the rigging holding the girth. Sis took the one in poorer shape, stamped 1908, (it had cracked leather on the seat) and stripped it down to the rawhide covered tree. People who sell supplies for Civil War re-enactors also carry the leather goods needed to refurbish saddles, so that's what Sis did.

P.S. You would have loved the antiques place - the owner specialized in horse drawn vehicles; he had everything from a stagecoach to a hearse to sleighs (I would have LOVED to have a horse-drawn sleigh but we don't get nearly enough snow to warrant the expense. Drat!)