Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 04-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Don't encourage me..

Default Yuck!!

I always take a glass of water to bed with me, during the night last night I heard this funny noise, so I turned on my bedside lamp only to find Katelina (the cat) drinking out of my water glass Imagine if i'd woken up in the night and drunk some of it! What's worse is I don't know how long this has been going on!! Have I been sharing water with the cat?!!!

Have decided not to take water to bed with me in the future!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Island dweller

ha ha ha they always do that. I'm sure you've drank TONS of cat spit. LOL And my cats will stick their paws in it and lick them. And if the water is too low they knock the glass over. lol

Feel better?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Don't encourage me..

Not really!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

You would DIE in my house! Our animals (cats, dogs, and the occasional rodent or mustelid) get to share our drinks, food, and ice cream if they ask nicely and if we're into sharing just then. One of my poochie's favorites is to share an ice cream cone with me! If a glass is left alone on a table, it's fair game for the cats as long as they don't knock it over.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Don't encourage me..

Oh I don't mind sharing things with Gus, but I know where he's been!! Lol!
Katelina (Lili) goes out for hours on end and comes back with either a dead Rat, bird, mouse, lizard, frog and one time a Goldfish! Shhh, don't tell my neighbours she's been taking fish out of their pond!!! And it's the thought of sharing dead rodent/reptile/fish which really gets me!! Yuck!!

Old 04-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Felurian

ROFL! I was friends with a couple years ago who had a medium sized mutt dog, a rather large neutered tomcat and an albino ferret. Everyone got along quite well.

The ferret, however, was a bit of a lush. If anyone set any kind of alcoholic drink down, the ferret would grab a taste and get snockered. Then he'd go hunt down the cat and pick a fight. If the cat wouldn't fight, he'd go torment the dog.

That ferret led a charmed life . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-06-2005, 06:33 AM

LOL...I used to leave a glass of water on the kitchen counter til one day I, too, heard a noise. Checked it out and found my cat happily drinking away. I know this sounds stupid...but I realized she liked bottled water better. Since I started putting bottled water in her dish she hasn't done it.....course, I don't leave my glass there too long!!!! I was also thinking...HOW LONG HAVE WE BEEN SHARING????
Old 04-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
I was also thinking...HOW LONG HAVE WE BEEN SHARING????
Lol!! It's put me right off water!!!

Old 04-06-2005, 08:11 AM
BusterLove

really? it worries u that much.. my cat AND my dog share all my food and drinks whether it be creaming soda or ice-cream...
neva got sick...

maybe its a bit gross. and i dont really share EVERYthing
Old 04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s
really? it worries u that much.. my cat AND my dog share all my food and drinks whether it be creaming soda or ice-cream...
neva got sick...

maybe its a bit gross. and i dont really share EVERYthing
I guess it comes from my mum, she was a "wash you hands after touching the animals" Kind of mum!

I share things with my pets but, if Gus was to lick my ice cream I wouldn't be able to finish it! He would have to have it!
Guess I just have a hygene thing! We each have different things that make us tick! Thats what makes us all so interesting I guess!