Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Active Pup

Default Silver Labs

Well, since the other thread is closed i suppose i'll have to open a new one. This a response to Labreeder saying we were darn right rude in our e-mails to her, nothing can be further from the truth. If you wish i will post the e-mails that were sent, nothing rude. If you 3 colored breeders honestly think these silver labs look like weims you really have never genuinly seen one, my female is 80 lbs and looks nothing like a weim. Weims faces look to the point of being anorexic and trust me on this my female looks nothing like that. You all talk like
these beautiful creatures should be killed upon birth because it doesn't conform to the "medival" color schemes of the AKC. Look at her picture and tell me she is chocolate. Your higher than though mentality is disgusting. Labreeder you say we are not bettering the looks of the breed, maybe in your opinion, but we are still breeding Labradors to better the health. Does it really matter what color she is?? I will not descriminate based on color because she doesn't conform to your standards, she has the same temperment as my yellow and chocolate, just because she is silver she shouldn't be put out to pasture. On my site i never claimed a rare breed, she is silver and that is what she is. Ironically you all point to labbies.com to discredit the silvers but it seems to be the only site that does amongst perhaps another 1 or 2. The positives for the silvers seem to only come from Silver Lab breeders, so....who is right??? it's up to the customer to decide if he/she wants a silver and does there research. It's up to us to make sure health is as important as color. So maybe in your eyes i'm not bettering the look, but in my opinion it does.

Last edited by peetee07; 09-12-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Felurian

If you insist on re-starting this . . . well, you get what you get. You've given your opinion, and you're entitled to your opinion, but don't expect any great conversions without presenting more than just opinions.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Active Pup

Renee, that is all we both have are opinions, there is no proof one way or another. Everyone can argue till there blue in the face, there is no scientific proof that proves or disproves the silvers, so why not just live with it instead of bashing these beautiful animals.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetee07 View Post
Renee, that is all we both have are opinions, there is no proof one way or another. Everyone can argue till there blue in the face, there is no scientific proof that proves or disproves the silvers, so why not just live with it instead of bashing these beautiful animals.
It's not the animals themselves that people take such exception to . . . they had nothing to do with how they were bred and brought into the world, or for what reason. The animals are always the real victims and they are the ones who pay the heaviest price. And that is what makes people so angry.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Island dweller

What is the purpose of re-starting a thread that has just been closed? You don't think that it was closed for a reason? I don't get it. Did you join just to cause trouble?
Old 09-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Active Pup

Thank you Saje for the words of wisdom. Apparently you can only come on here to bash Silvers and not defend yourself in any shape or form. Labreeder gave false information and i felt the need to correct her, i apologize if that causes you discomfort. I'm not here to cause a rucus but to defend the breed, last time i checked it was an open forum to the public to voice any concerns.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Top Dog

Boy they moved their website quick. If you aren't doing something your ashamed of why move your site?

Edit: Must have been my computers error, it's back now!

I don't really have anything to add. I don't understand however why you bother to defend yourself. If you know what you are doing is right and good for the breed why should it matter what we all think?

Last edited by Adrienne; 09-12-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Active Pup

What are you talking about??? The website never moved. I think you're refering to someone else. Please get your facts straight before you post.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Look. I dont breed for color period. Even if I got a silver lab out of it that pup would be the same price as the other pups. I breed based on talents and how each dog compliments the other in many aspects. Such as Lineage, clearances not just the parents but at least 3 generations behind them, the talents of the dogs and the areas where the dogs struggle, temperments, and I look at the looks of the dogs since so many field bred dogs can look a bit off.
I see in you post that you breed for clearances only? How are you bettering the breed? Breeding is for the love of the breed not the love of what you get out of it. JMO

Are your dogs field bred? Show/bench? Niether? Just curious
also could you post a link to your site?

Also this is correct information on Silvers. Btw I have a dark yellow also known as a Fox Red. I dont breed for color he just happen to be that color and I like it.
http://www.labbies.com/genetics2.htm
http://www.labbies.com/silver.htm

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
LabBreeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetee07 View Post
Thank you Saje for the words of wisdom. Apparently you can only come on here to bash Silvers and not defend yourself in any shape or form. Labreeder gave false information and i felt the need to correct her, i apologize if that causes you discomfort. I'm not here to cause a rucus but to defend the breed, last time i checked it was an open forum to the public to voice any concerns.
I did not give false information. If you wish to stay "anonymous" then don't send rude emails degrading people. There is no such thing as a silver Lab and you know it. Believe what you want, but since you apparently got the other thread closed down...you must have said something rude....you are still a poor breeder since you don't actually care to stick to breed standards. JMO, whether you like it or not. Doesn't give you the right to be rude.
Closed Thread