Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Playful Husky Pup

Default Well its happened

This has to be short since im not on my computer. But anyways couple days ago i woke up to Roxy having her heat cycle. So today I bred them once and will breed again tomarow. Wish me luck

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 03-18-2005, 11:15 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

here's a funny breeding story i think you will appriciate....luv4pits...you have to be in the business to understand. Someone has to witness the breeding..that is just a fact..that someone usually ended up being me and they don't just do it like people think the do. We had a lovely labrador ready to breed, and old boss had a customer that wanted his dog to sire. They were put in the same pen. The dog was a romantic thru and thru. He cuddled and kissed her ears..he was so infatuated and tender towards her, polite to say the least. She would have nothing to do with him whatsoever. She snarled and sniped at his attempts to be friendly. The clock was ticking and he wasn't getting the "job" done so the owner came and picked the poor guy up and took him home. Old Boss said Bring out jake so i did..Jake didn't have a tender feeling in his mind..i put him in the pen..she tried to snarl, he roared at her and her bottom went in the air...the hussy..i told her she gave all women a bad name. She had a fine litter of puppies 62 days later.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Felurian

HA! Dogs are a lot more like people than we'd sometimes like to think . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Island dweller

This is a little graphic but for my mare's 'first time' I braided lilacs into her mane. Since the stud hadn't performed those sorts of duties in several years he exhausted himself quickly and just laid on her and chewed on the flowers. LOL
Old 03-19-2005, 04:03 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

You prepared the bride..i think she must have felt so lovely and special..i think that is just as sweet as could be.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Felurian

Smkie's right, Saje, that's just sweet. How did the foal turn out?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Playful Husky Pup

lol that dog sounds alot like some girls i know lol. Roxy is doing great so far with everything I bred them a couple more times and all went well no temper tantrums.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 03-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Island dweller

LOL the foal is fine. She got her daddy's head and her mom's body and tempermant and her daddys' hooves (her mom's were lovely). She's on my website. Sadie. That's my girl. (they're coming in a few months and I"m excited)

www.geocities.com/laescritorajj/index.html
Old 03-20-2005, 12:11 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I was thinking of you braiding in the lilac.the heavenly frangrance .. purple or white blossoms? .sweet isn't a good enough word..respecting beauty of a young mare.. such a special time in her life..ohhhh words just leave me short..must be why i draw pictures instead...thank you for sharing such a moment with me. Pleasing my mind knowing such goodness is in the world. a quiet sweet celebration might be better...
Old 03-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Island dweller

purple blossom. I love them. They remind me of grandma's house cuz she had them around her gate.

Yeah. She was my baby. I'll never had a relationship with anyone like her. Equally great but never the same since I had her right through my teenage years.. And my friendships, hobbies, dreams all revolved around her because my life was full of 4-H, pony club, light horse, trail rides, lessons. And then working for stables, showing... She's in her daughter though. Sadie got a lot of her mom's characteristics. Like nodding. Sahara was a big nodder. And she lifts her tail to have her, um not her bum but the base of her tail area, scratched.

I love those girls