Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Puppy Dog

Post Dog Fight

Oh my goodness! I was sitting here at the computer this morning and I had Diego tied outside where I could see him from the window. (Normal morning routine) I could hear Diegoís tags jingling on his collar so I figured he was playing in the snow. Now I am not sure if that is what happened. All of a sudden I hear Diego made the loudest and most meanest puppy bark I have ever heard a puppy make! Then I look out the window to find a big brown dog had to be 100lbs. or more standing on my porch! When I opened the door, he ran off. I know the dog, he is nothing but trouble, and they let him run all over this small town! I had to clam Diego down. Every hair all the way up his spine was sticking up and I mean strait up! My puppy is only about 15 weeks old I didnít think they learned this behavior so early. I am guess he was just scared so he defended himself. So many people in this town just let their dogs "run". They always go back home but they dig up people's trash and everything else. Itís just a pain in the you know what. Proud of my pup though... because when I looked out the window before I opened the door... that big 100lb. dog look a little cautious of my little 15lb. pup! hehe......that sure was one mean bark...

If I was to complain about these people letting their dogs just run who would I complain too? Most of the time the dog wont come back again twice in the same day but its just really irritating!

I really was ready to protect my baby... I swear if that dog would have bit or hurt him in anyway... i would have hurt him ...grrrr....
Old 03-17-2005, 08:37 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

That is the problem i am having here too...first i called animal control and they picked up the dog..but the people got it back..now i am down to taking the dog home eveytime i see it. Gog Puppy Go! That took great bravery! what a Good Pup!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Felurian

Brave little Diego! Most dogs aren't interested in hurting a puppy unless something is just wired wrong in the dog, whether by poor breeding or terrible ownership, but that took courage for a 15 pound pup to stand up to a large, adult dog.

Animal control is usually the agency to contact, but they often, for one reason or another, are rather cavalier about picking up animals that are allowed to roam. Sometimes you have to go the extra mile and go to some city council meetings, preferably with a contingent of people who want something done, and make your complaint heard to get any action. Of course, the way things usually work out is that no animal control patrols go out until the one day your dog who never leaves the yard happens to wander off chasing another dog that's been coming into his yard!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-17-2005, 09:07 AM
K-9 lover ;)

I am so glad that Diego didn't get hurt! I had a similar episode last weekend. It was beautiful outside so, of course everyone in the neighborhood was outside. I let Rookie play in the yard while I washed my car. All of a sudden my neighbors Newfoundland came running over to check Rookie out. This dog was HUGE!!! He is always in his pen, so he never gets to play with the other dogs. : ( Well, Rookie thought he was coming to "get him" (I guess) because he took off running as fast as he could. His tail was tucked up under him and his eyes were BIG!!! I ran after him trying to pick him up but he ran right past me and into our garage. The dog followed him into the garage and into a corner. He just wanted to play...BUT Rookie didn't know that. Once he was cornered he attacked the BIG dog. Not exactly "attacked" more like alot of grrrrrrlllll as he tried to bite his fur. Thank goodness the Newfoundland had alot of fur! Needless to say, he ran home with his tail tucked. Looking back, it was quite comical but not at the time. I thought for sure Rookie was going to get hurt. He is a tough little guy! : )
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix
Old 03-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Puppy Dog

wow, Roni, a Newfoundland .... those are huge dogs! Sounds like your pup is brave too!

I dont want to be the one complaining.. and have everyone hate me in this small town .. hopefully we will be moving to the country soon. Right now we are in the process for trying to find the right farmette for us.

An hour later when I let Diego out again.. ANOTHER roaming dog wandered up to my porch! This time I knew this dog and he is friendly. They played for a bit then the dog wandered home..lol.. I just dont get people.. dont they know thats dangerous for their dog. I mean what if it gets hit by a car OR even causes and accident! I am not the only neighbor who is mad... the other day a lady came screaming out of her house that all these "stray" dogs keep running off with her outdoor cat dishes..LOL Its like and easter egg hunt to go out into other peoples yards to find where the dog dropped them! The lady was quite funny actually...hehe.. she was griping the whole way accross the street..lol.. Its not funny but I understand how she feels....
Old 03-17-2005, 10:36 AM

I've experienced something similar this morning. I put my dogs out in the pen (to wash the floor...lol..do NOT need help) and suddenly all heck breaks loose....I run to the back door only to see that my neighbor down the road has let his dog run free. Ok...now, I feel sooooooo sorry for this poor dog..he is always tied up to a dog house, on a short chain no less. There I am..happy the poor dog has a chance to be free.......annoyed that he chooses my yard to hang out in, causing major havoc. It's a no win situation. Anyway..my point is this...we live in the country, and the same thing happens all too often. Now, I wouldn't think of calling anyone to complain (not that there even IS anyone) cause it's a bit more 'relaxed' around here regarding dogs.......... just keep that in mind if you think living in the country changes things.......it still happens. Ya just always gotta be on the alert I guess.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:37 AM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiego
I really was ready to protect my baby... I swear if that dog would have bit or hurt him in anyway... i would have hurt him ...grrrr....
I would've too...good Diego!! I was almost attacked by a dog a few weeks ago and I was ready to tear him and his owners up (for leaving him out without any leash or anything).

I'd call animal control.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Felurian

Debi's right. Living in the country is NOT the utopian doggie world people think it is. People in the country will do things to your dogs that city or even suburban people would never do. I grew up in towns and never had to worry about anything too awful happening to my dogs - nothing worse than some chicken-hearted teasing that could be taken care of. Out in the country I'm constantly having to be on the lookout for things like poison laced meat, people shooting, predators, etc. If I had my choice we'd all be living at my house in town with the big fenced in yard . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 03-18-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:24 AM

sadly, around here IF anyone does get upset...they shoot. No, it isn't right...but the farmers have to look out for their livestock, and most dogs (even the farm's own pet dogs sometimes) LOVE chicken. So, I often wonder why in the world people are so carefree about letting their dog roam. Yep...seems all so nice, I mean even Addie has had the occasional wild romp thru the woods all in the name of sheer bliss freedom, but everywhere.....you always have to expect that another dog (or worse) could appear.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Mop Lover!

aww that is so sad i think they should ban shooting dogs they should have watched their live stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You may have a dog that won't sit up, roll over or even cook breakfast, not because she's too stupid to learn how but because she's too smart to bother." - Rick Horowitz