Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-22-2006, 01:47 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

Question this breeder looks good...

I am not planning on gettine a dog anytime soon, but had come across this breeder and thought they looked pretty good. Does anyone see any problems?

http://www.millview.org/html/english.html
Old 07-23-2006, 02:41 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

why doesn't anyone ever reply to my posts? i guess I'm just not loved.. lol
Old 07-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Top Dog

Bless (((HUGS)))
Someone will reply soon who has the experience to know a good Breeder from a bad one

Thanks BP
Old 07-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry if this seems rude, but you can't expect people to respond right away. I know personally, I don't know much yet about breeders to be able to tell you. I'm still in learning about what to look for myself for when I purchase my next pup.

I'm sure if anyone has seen this and hasn't responded it's because they're not sure either.

Just wait patiently We've all posted threads that have been missed and it's disappointing but it's definitely not because nobody cares!
Old 07-23-2006, 02:48 PM
RedyreRottweilers

The only issue I see right off hand is that they are in Europe.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:57 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

I saw that and it didn't say if they shipped or not (or at least I didn't see it) But I actully know someone that has a friend who breeds his show dals. If I do get one, it will probably be from them.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:40 PM
LabBreeder

Ok - they are in Europe (already mentioned), do they have health certs or a health guarantee? I see they do Bear testing but what about CERF? (It was mentioned they sometimes do, but nothing about a health guarantee that I could find.)
I LOVE the current litter. Especially the one's with more spots on their faces. They are cute pups.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Collie Crazy

arent patches severely frowned upon? They have ALOT of puppies that have patches, why is that? Not saying it makes them irresponsible, but they must be doing something to get puppies so out of conformation
Old 07-23-2006, 04:03 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

it says on the site that about 95% of their puppies are just pets, so they focus more on temperment and health, then standards. That kinda bugged me though..I mean it's good that they have good health and tempermants (or that's what the site says :rollseyes: , but If I were to breed dals even though most would probably be breed for pets, I would still focus on standards...but like i said, I'm just browsing and if I do get a dal, it will be from someone i know...
Old 07-23-2006, 04:07 PM
LabBreeder

Patches are a disqualification. A patch is a solid mass of black or liver hair containing no white hair. It is appreciably larger than a normal sized spot. Patches are a dense, brilliant color with sharply defined, smooth edges. Patches are present at birth. Large color masses formed by intermingled or overlapping spots are not patches. Such masses should indicate individual spots by uneven edges and/or white hairs scattered throughout the mass. -per AKC standards

Which one's were you looking at? I looked at the most recent litter and didn't see what I thought would qualify as a patch...JMO though.

EDIT: 1 each out of A and B litter looked like they might be Patchy...but with 11 puppies you never know. Even Ch bred pups don't always match conformation or show standards.