Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Try not; DO or do not

Angry Why I do not like dog movies

Is anyone else out there as upset about the Winn Dixie movie as I am? Seems like every time there is a dog movie, the next thing you know there are BYBs producing the "famous" dogs by the thousands. I don't know if my finances, space and time can accomodate ANOTHER breed to rescue, untrain, retrain and rehome. I do have a waiting list of extensively screened homes for my rerun dogs, but it is not for lack of dogs! This really burns me, and "Because of Winn Dixie" will not get my dime, I will save my popcorn money for the first refugee sure to come my way.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Ass Lover

I don't know anything about this movie...what kind of dog is featured/exploited?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:29 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

what ever happened Benji..the mutt of the Disney series? We need some more like that..would send the masses to the shelters!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Try not; DO or do not

Winn Dixie is a Picardy Shepherd. Movie star dogs are extensively trained, but the average family assumes that they just act that way naturally. It does a lot of dogs a great injustice. Keep in mind that BYBs will mix any dogs together to get the look they want, and many falsify registration documents, therefore perpetuating a line of pedigreed mutts.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Try not; DO or do not

In my experience, you can take the SAME dog, and no one will want it from a shelter, but they will pay a big chunk of change to a "Breeder" for the animal. There is a woman in our county who "rescues" dogs that physically resemble GSDs. She then sells them from her "Kennel" She gets $200 per dog, if you want "papers" it is $600 and she even claims "breeding rights" to the animals. This is the kind of people who need to be stopped. What is wrong with these people!?!?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Don't encourage me..

I don't know this film either! But I know what you mean! My friend (Who had never had a dog in her life!!) Decided to get a bearded Collie because they were fashionable at the time! Sam (the dog) was hopeless, he had been over bred, from unsuitable parents and he was just stupid! he was untrainable!!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 02-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

I've seen the previews for this film. And I have to tell you the truth, my kids really want to go see it. They love dog/animal films. I think there will always be uneducated people out there on the subject of dog and other animals no matter what is put out there. Like I said, I might bring my kids to see it, but I and even they are not going to run out and get one.

I do get everyone's point though.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I feel the same. My brother has been planning and searching for a Picardy for three years and finally found Zero's breeders. I hate to see this breed become some fad like what happened to dalmations because of 101 Dalmations. My brother feels the same way and agrees that the movie will not be one he will support.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Don't encourage me..

Good for You!!! Although it will be ages before it gets translated and ends up here, But I still won't go and see it!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 02-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Dog Spoiler

It's true, I got to admit that I've always wanted a Golden Retriever since I watched Homeward Bound. I'm GUILTY. But my Boomer is never leaving this house ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.......