Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Felurian

Default Grrrrrrls Gone Wild

I really, really need a good video camera!

There's not really an appreciable size difference between Shiva and Kharma anymore, so the games get pretty intense.

They are wrestling and growling and rolling all over the living room right now, Shiva's got hold of Kharma's back leg and Kharma's got hold of Shiva' back leg and they're going around and around in circles, sounding like they're killing each other. A minute ago, Shiva was standing on the coffee table doing a table dance with Kharma below her biting her legs to make her hop.

At some point they'll play Shark - one of them on the sofa, the other one crouched on the floor just waiting to shoot up and grab a belly and pinch. Then the one on the sofa will somersault off onto the one on the floor.

The part I'm dreading is when they run their version of LeMans around the living room!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 11:26 AM

As always........that visual just gave me a good giggle!!!! LOVE those gals. What did Bimmer think of all this carrying on?? He probably just sat back....a little bit of rolling eyes. OMG, how I adore Bimmer. Does he know I am his #1 fan??
Old 02-22-2005, 11:30 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Do they do this in the morning after Breakfast? Just curious...Vic and Mary have a wonderful furniture knocking good romp in the morning...then a bit of yank your tail in the afternoon..I love watching mary running after vic with her mouth open and stretching hoping to catch the end of his tail..I have only seen her make it once, but she sure tries...I just wondered if the timing was universal..after that, a good nap''wish I had my dog's life!
Old 02-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Felurian

Debi, Bimmer finds a corner and gets out of the way - unless it just gets too wild for him, then he steps in and tells everyone to chill. Every now and then he'll decide to join in the game, which generally freaks the girls out for a moment! When they figure out he's playing this time, not disciplining, they love it and it turns into Shiva and Kharma each trying to keep the other one from getting his attention. They are so jealous of him! I'll be sure to tell Bimmer he has a big fan, thanks!

SMKie, yep, it's a morning phenomena - and an afternoon phenomena and an evening phenomena. Always followed by a snore-fest, although this morning Shiva decided to go out and try to catch squirrels right afterward. You never know what Miss Shiva's going to do - she's still my Zen pup; totally in the moment.

Kharma sometimes does her Buddha thing. She sits on her butt - like a person, not a dog - with her back legs out in front of her, sometimes with one dangling off the sofa, and drowses with her head hanging down. It looks like she is practicing to be a Buddha, contemplating her navel, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 12:58 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Now there is an image to draw from. lol
Old 02-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Felurian

I'll have to try to get a photo on this role of her doing it for your. She's really a hoot. I've never seen a dog sit like that before. Sometimes she'll sit like that and twist her neck sideways to hang her head over the back of the sofa to look out the window. These dogs are neat - their spines are flexible like a cat's. I've seen Shiva twist herself into an "S" while on her head.

Their tails act like cats' tails too. You know how a cat will curl it's tail around your hand? The Filas can do that too. They will also twitch the tips when they're stalking something and languidly move the lower half when they are musing on something - just like a cat.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 01:26 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

The only time I saw my dogs twitch the end of their tails was when their mama's milk was coming down, and when Bronki was pulled up in my lab for a rocking in the chair, his tail would do what I call the baby wiggle...I think victor has extra vertabrae in his back cause i never saw a dog able to arch it up so far..not like good old solid flat backed mary.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I would have loved to have seen that Renee!!!!! I bet those two girls are something else.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

LOL! Those girls are so amusing. I can only imagine how funny the two of them are together all of the time. It is a wonder Bimmer stays so sane. He really does deserve a good treat. Give him one from me, Renee.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Felurian

Oh, fun! Shiva just got hoggy and tried to steal Bimmer's food, then stood there and made snarly faces at him, thinking I wouldn't notice since she wasn't making any sounds. I got after her and she turned around and snarled at him one more time, so he jumped all over her, she started snapping back, growling, jaws snapping, dogs up on their back legs jawing at each other - and all of this is happening with me in the middle! Kharma came running, saw what was going on and jumped on Shiva. That settled Miss Shiva's hash in a hurry! Those two girls may romp and play together, but when the chips are down, Kharma's heart belongs to Bimmer.

Shiva's pouting on the porch. I threw her greedy butt out for the afternoon. There's nothing she hates worse than being left out of things. By this evening she'll be all smiles and sorries.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian