Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 02-20-2005, 11:10 PM
Active Pup

Default cutting fur around the eyes

i herd that if you cut the fur around a dogs eyes they can get all dirt inside of them is it alright to cut it or should i let it grow
Old 02-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Taco Dog

You can cut it. Just be extremely careful and cautious when using any kind of instument around the eyes.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 02-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Allison&Ginger

i'd cut it because some long-haired dogs that get their own hair stuck in their eyes.

allison

"A dog will never forget the crumb thoust gavest him, though thou mayst afterwards throw a hundred stones at his head." -Sa'Di-

"If a dog will not come to you after he has looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." -Woodrow Wilson-

"My dog is half pit bull , half poodle. Not much of a watchdog, but a vicious gossip." -Craig Shoemaker-
Old 02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Don't encourage me..

My friend cut the hair from around her dogs eyes once, and then she took him down by the canal, and he got a tick attached to his eye ball! It was gross!! We took him to the vets (who was very angry with my friend for cutting the hair!!) and he froze the tick off with Liquid Nitrogen! I was the only one who didn't throw up! So just be careful if you are going anywhere where there are Sheep or Cows!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch