Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Top Dog

Default Can we discuss The Time of the Doctor?

...because Reddit is too much. I don't want to sort though hundreds...thousands...of replies.

Soooo...WHAT DID YOU THINK? The good, the bad, the ugly...

GO!

I loved it. Absolutely loved it. There were parts I had ro rewatch to fully understand, and it did move a bit quickly (it would have been better as a 2-parter).

The regeneration itself...omg...it was perfect. I liked how when you see the first shoe, you just KNOW it's going to be Capaldi...and then it isn't. And there's a slight, ever so slight, thought that this was all a big setup, and Smith is staying a little longer - and Clara feels the same thing. Then the way Matt shows his regeneration pain, but still tries to keep calm for Clara's sake. Best of all, I liked how he was willing to go, and was, more than anything else, HAPPY to be able to regenerate again. I felt like those final moments, with his speech, and the tie dropping, and Clara hoping against hope he would keep his face again, those moments could have lasted forever. But then BAM! Capaldi. It took a long time to build up, but once he was "done" it was an instant and then there he is, and nobody was really quite prepared for it yet.

I cried. I cried a lot. But the minute Capaldi showed up, I stopped, and I laughed, and I'm SO looking forward to August!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Top Dog

But...AUGUST

But ya, I loved it, and I cried...a lot, I'm going to miss Matt. But we knew it was coming, and we already knew the New Doctor, but still tears.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Top Dog

I'm definitely going to miss him! It took me a long time to warm up to him, but once I did, he was SO amazing! Quite honestly, I think I like him better than Tennant, especially after this last performance.

I was hoping Capaldi would be it from the moment his name was mentioned as a possibility, so I am quite stoked. But yeah, AUGUST. At least it's supposed to be a continuous season, and not split!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

What do you suppose made him need a cane/have a limp? 300 years had passed, but he didn't look THAT old. I'm guessing he's somewhere around 2000 years old now. Maybe older. I cried when he couldn't even pull the Christmas cracker :'(

I find it interesting that altough the TARDIS didn't like Clara at first, she extended her shields to protect Clara. But she tried to run away from Jack when he clung to the outside, and certainly didn't protect him!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Twin 2.0

Clara isn't a big ball of time-slipped "wrongness" either.

I'm still having mixed feelings and want to rewatch to get some stuff I missed the first time around. Mostly I have giant issues with Moffat being, well, Moffat and throwing established canon to the wind in order to go "HA! PLOT TWIST! TAKE THAT, M. NIGHT!"

I mean, I can sort of maybe not really almost buy the Daleks being back and Real Daleks again. But The Crack showing back up too? And it's because it's the Time Lords are on the other side, who just go "Oh, you're not going to allow us to come back into the time stream? Ok cool! Have another regeneration on us. Cheers!" Though at least Moffat did acknowledge the potential clusterfsck he made when he brought in the War Doctor for the 50th and didn't just brush it off with "well, it didn't actually count because I am Moffat."
Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I mean, I can sort of maybe not really almost buy the Daleks being back and Real Daleks again. But The Crack showing back up too? And it's because it's the Time Lords are on the other side, who just go "Oh, you're not going to allow us to come back into the time stream? Ok cool! Have another regeneration on us. Cheers!" Though at least Moffat did acknowledge the potential clusterfsck he made when he brought in the War Doctor for the 50th and didn't just brush it off with "well, it didn't actually count because I am Moffat."
It was always a matter of time before the Time Lords Konami-coded his regenerations. Running with the crack was the easiest way to go about it without it clamoring over the entire story arc. Glad it's over with, the fans can rage and we can move on.

I thought that they reset him for one generation, but I've been reading further and it's rumoured that the entire cycle has been reset. That bit, if true, I dunno how I feel. It's gotta end sometime, and end right.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Show Dog

We finally saw it last night. I disliked the episode - mostly because Matt Smith was "my first Doctor" and I thought he deserved a better send off than that. I did enjoy that several loose ends were tied up and the ending with "my raggedy doctor" hit me in all the feels.

I am slightly sad that Matt is no longer the Doctor. But, I am looking forward to seeing how Capaldi portrays the Doctor.

Until August, I shall be watching Netflix LOL.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Top Dog

Ya with three seasons if he was ones first it would be hard...christopher eccleston was my first and he only had one season I learned early to not be too in love with the Doctor. But to be honest it's great because each regeneration is his own Doctor, so Matt isn't being replaced, he will always be the raggedy man, the timey wimey saying doctor.