Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Lymes Disease ring?

I just noticed this on Cricket

Does this look like possibly a ring from a tick bite/possible lymes?

Also how long should I wait to get her in to see a vet? Basically wondering how long until she would show up positive so I can get her treated if it is lymes? I'm being a really worried dog owner right now.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Puppy Dog

What about ringworm?
Old 10-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojello View Post
What about ringworm?
This. Looks like ringworm to me. Regardless, I'm not sure why you'd want to wait if you think it's Lyme.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
This. Looks like ringworm to me. Regardless, I'm not sure why you'd want to wait if you think it's Lyme.
I don't know much about lyme and wasn't sure how long it takes to show up positive? Don't know that they would treat for lyme unless it did show up positive? I dunno.

Regardless I made an appointment for her this evening to get it checked out.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I don't know much about lyme and wasn't sure how long it takes to show up positive? Don't know that they would treat for lyme unless it did show up positive? I dunno.

Regardless I made an appointment for her this evening to get it checked out.
Apparently, I missed the "until" and read it as "how long will she show up as positive?"

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Vet time. Make sure, and don't wait until your dog is symptomatic. It needs to be treated if it is ringworm. My lyme bite was the size of a pie plate, clear in the center but bright red and dark purple with red lines running through it but I got bit apparently by Overloaded tick. I will never see them as anything but tiny injectors of disease. I have seen many photos of bites, and they all look a bit different. Some are mild red rings, and some are like mine. That doesnt' look quite right in the center but I sure wouldn't want to chance it.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 10-02-2013, 01:29 PM
<--------Orson

IDK....could go either way IMO. Ring worm, or at least the ring worm I've witnessed in person, doesn't have the darker red around the outside and center...(like a bulls eye)..just one red ring and that's all.

I'd want to take her in as soon as you can. If you truly don't have the money, try some athlete's foot cream for a few days and see if there's improvement. (takes about a month to get rid of if it's ring worm!)

Also, if it IS ring worm it's pretty contagious....you can get it and so can the other dogs or cats! (you probably already know all this, but in case you don't and for other readers)

Wash all bedding, check everyone else, try to pin point where it might have come from otherwise you'll just keep getting new spots and passing it around!
(been there done that after a trip to arkansas and a stray infected kitty!)
Old 10-02-2013, 01:32 PM

Money is kind of tight since my car broke the other day and I possibly have to have the transmission rebuilt/replaced, but I have a plan with my vet where I pay a monthly amount and it covers a lot of basic stuff/vaccines, etc. More than likely I may have to pay for any medicines/treatments, but her exam wont cost a dime which will help a lot. Her appointment is at 7 tonight to get checked out.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 PM
<--------Orson

Oh good.

IIRC, Phoebe was prescribed a 30 day supply of pills and I don't think they were all that expensive.

The kids were treated with antifungal (athletes foot cream) and I do believe they cost more to get over it than the dog, LOL
Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
IDK....could go either way IMO. Ring worm, or at least the ring worm I've witnessed in person, doesn't have the darker red around the outside and center...(like a bulls eye)..just one red ring and that's all.

I'd want to take her in as soon as you can. If you truly don't have the money, try some athlete's foot cream for a few days and see if there's improvement. (takes about a month to get rid of if it's ring worm!)

Also, if it IS ring worm it's pretty contagious....you can get it and so can the other dogs or cats! (you probably already know all this, but in case you don't and for other readers)

Wash all bedding, check everyone else, try to pin point where it might have come from otherwise you'll just keep getting new spots and passing it around!
(been there done that after a trip to arkansas and a stray infected kitty!)
Weird, every case I've seen of ring worm has been like that. It's the rung in ringworm.