Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Cross your fingers for Hyia

She has always wanted to be in the school musical. Today she is trying out for 7 different roles. She knows all the songs by heart. If determination and perseverance counts, she has it. Last year she was all set and a bully came up and told her "if you get in, we are all quitting" and she chickened out. The talent show she sang in last year and got such a good response from the Principal on down has really boosted her confidence. The Choir teacher told her she is ear marked for solos. So I have my fingers crossed. She has really earned the right to stand up and do what she does best. Won't know for sure until tomorrow.

She has also lost 5 lbs. The medicines she has to take causes a constant never satisfied hunger. It's a terrible thing to have to deal with and has caused her a great deal of trouble but she has really matured this year, and is so proud that she has finally managed to lose and not gain this month. She is excited. I bought her a little present yesterday to tell her how proud I am of her. Not for the weight loss..tho that is a part of it, not just for trying out, but for the complete attitude change. I am her number one fan rooting for her each step of the way. She is the bravest person I know.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

Awww, I am so happy for her! That is great. Plays in school are so much fun, I did them in part of middle school and HS, and you really learn a lot about discipline, but also have tons of fun in the process. We were also one of the most diverse groups in the school - there were artsy fartsy people, homosexuals, overweight/underweight, we had a girl that was born with no arms, even a few jocks, and I loved that we all came together and nobody judged. Maybe it was just our school but I found theatre/choir people to be very non judgmental and open to accepting new people so I hope she meets some new friends in the process.

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Not a Border Collie

Fingers crossed! She's a great girl!

I agree with JM - theatre and drama is a GREAT thing to be involved with during middle and high school. I took drama (regular course and after school) all four years of high school and had a blast. I got to become close friends with people I probably never would have - our drama class was a big collection of different groups and even different grades. We all got along very well and everyone was incredibly comfortable with each other. It's wonderful because it's not a typical classroom setting, and after late night rehearsals and touring for months, we were like a big family

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Tell her good luck from me and the curly tails.

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 09-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Best of luck and "break a leg" to Hyia!

And as for the bullies, she can let them know that we are watching and will look upon them with disapproval and derision if they continue to bully our girl

Old 09-12-2013, 12:43 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i am holding her in silent mediation. SHe wants this so bad I want this so bad for her. I will share your posts with her. THank again for always being her support force. You are all rawking awesome. Despite everything she has faced, she is the kindest person, always a good word or a compliment for the people we see when we are out and about.. SHe also doesn't hold grudges like her nana. Something I should learn to do better from her example. Plus plus plus she made her bed and tidied up her room this morning without being told. THe lesson from the kittens horraay!!!!! I told the shelter she has done such a good job about this that when these go, I would consider taking in a couple more babies. Couple please, not 5 this time.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Twin 2.0

Go Hyia Go!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:13 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

She said they had each one sing the same song, and read a couple lines of dialog. That there will be call backs tomorrow and this weekend you will know if your in or not. She is so excited she is loud..but she is happy and singing in her room...laughing and playing with kittens. I think she is in a pretty good place right now. She also got a silver card which is on one c and the rest are a's a b's. So she is happy about that too. Let you know when I do. Thanks for caring. : )

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 09-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Yay!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Hyia!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Mutts to you

Whoohoo! Congrats, Hyia!!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey