Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Art and Pet Paintings

Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Art unleashed in progress step 2

progress on art unleashed donation teapot fired fine. now to complete two cups the right size. First two attempts are too big.

running out of time

THe other teapot the handle pulled away, it was too dry when I attatched it and I rushed the process of drying all together so it is my own fault. It can still be used, and will now be our play "tea party" tea pot. Aiden my grandson really likes to pour our "tea" with it.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Love my pets

Like how you have the two dogs trying to play with each other.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:19 AM
<----Thanks Allie

I absolutely adore your teapots. They are amazing.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I hope someone at the auction feels the same way. I made a teapot because the groundhog one turned out so much to my liking, I do not like the lid on this one as much as the ground hog, that is a very hard turn collar and turn to work out of a bowl, I do not cut and add, I don't know how to explain it, but you just keep turning it and touching it just so to make it go where you want it to go. Takes forever. I know there are teapot collectors out there, so I was hoping that would help in the donation end of things. I was happy with the coloring of the little dog with the sticks on top. That turned out better than I had guessed and I will do that again on something. I did not have any porcelain, so I went to the recycle bin at the guild and found about an inch glob of it which I diluted into slip and added mason stain. The teapot is glazed on the inside. It pours well, my second try dribbled so it's no big deal that the handle pulled away, I wouldnt' have used it pouring like that. I am still new to spouts. THanks for the words of encouragement. I will donate this, a bird or so, and my two guys and a dog if the dog works being reifred, the guys didn't turn out like I had thought, but I am not disappointed. NOt a big donation from me this year, but it's been a very expensive and stressful year that just keeps giving. So I doubt I will finish anything else in time.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My pieces are dropped off. There is the My sticks not Yours teapot, a large water bird, and the little cinders cat. I walked right out the door without the boys and the dog, but I am not too whoopie about them anyway, so I will refine it, probably re do it and give it next year. Cross your fingers they bring in good donations. THe auction is in just a couple weeks.
Due to Pepper's most expensive leg injury, and driving the truck through the garage door by not putting it in gear, I wish I could do more, but these three pieces I think are nothing to sneeze about. I had wanted to do a couple cats that they told me about. Where the finances started my donation decline, the babies staying all summer finished off any hopes of getting anything else done. I hate excuses, but these reasons are just unavoidable facts. I know for sure I have donated for a decade, might be longer, I am no good at keeping track of time.

Mine are not on here yet..because I just dropped them off, but here are some of the other donations if you like to look at animal artwork, and the people who cared enough to send it in. https://qtego.net/auc/2013artunleash...ex.php?next=30

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 08-09-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:40 PM
swimming upstream

I hope your donations bring in lots of money for them!