Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm All Ears

Default The dog musing/vent thread

Like the fire hydrant but only... dog related! I know I often want to post things but then think... meh it's not worth it's own thread. So here you go.

This evening I had a LOL at Summer's expense. She's just never had much common sense. Which is funny because training? She's got that.

I let the dogs out into the back yard after work and then decided to go out front and check my mail and pull the dumpsters in. I could hear Mia barking so I went around through the side gait and into the yard. The dogs all ran up and mobbed me. I went back out the side gate and through the front yard, through my house, and called the dogs in through the back door.

One dog in. Two dog in. Three dog in....

Where is Summer?

Summer come!

I hear barking.

I walk out on the porch and Summer is barking at the side gate and sitting there trying to work out how to get out the bottom of the gate. I call again and again and every time I call she starts barking and jumping at the gate. I stand there watching her. Eventually she turns around and goes.... 'Oh hey! There you are!'

Derp. And no, her hearing is not bad, she's always done that. If you go one way then you have to come back from that way, she thinks.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

I love Zoey. She's a great dog.

She is not, however, my dog. And, much as I try, I am not a two dog person, and try as I might, I am a little sad at how much time she takes from Elsie. I can't walk them together, because Zoey pulls if she's being walked with Elsie. I can't have my boyfriend walk Zoey, because she pulls when he walks her. So, when we go for walks, he walks Elsie and Zobby, and I walk Zoey. That's fine, but I miss walking my dog.

Elsie, I realize now, is basically silent for a terv. When I got her, the breeder told me tervs were loud dogs, and I, having grown up with shelties and GSDs pishposhed her, and Elsie has been quiet most of the time.

Zoey is not a quiet dog. She barks constantly. When she has an emotion, she tells us. That's more or less fine at my parents' house where she normally lives, but here we have neighbors really close and I worry about irritating them.

I can't wait until my dad is out of the hospital and able to be back with Zoey. Everyone will be so much happier then--and for so many reasons.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

Today Brooks decided jumping off the grooming table after I removed the noose was a great idea. He was perfectly fine, but I had a 'your precious joints!!' panic moment, lol.

On the upside, he's clean and fluffy
Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

This afternoon I was eating sandwich roll-ups for lunch. A slice of ham, a slice of turkey, and a slice of provolone, all rolled up together. And Payton was wookie-noising at me from the floor on his back asking me to rub his belly.
So I leaned out of my chair with my sandwich in my left hand, and with my right hand, I was rubbing Payton's belly and going "BELLY BELLY BELLY" at him like I usually do and he's flailing his legs around and wookie-noising and wagging his tail and we're having a grand old time.

And then Auggie gets up and comes around on my left side and TRIES TO EAT MY SANDWICH OUT OF MY HAND.

WHAT.

AUGGIE.

ROTTEN.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Every once in a blue moon Shambles takes it upon himself to **** Jonas off. Jonas is.. well, Jonas, and he completely ignores the fact Shambles exists. We were sitting on the couch together when Shambles very slowly and gingerly put his paw on Jonas's head. Jonas huffed and turned away from him so Shambles took the opportunity to muzzle punch him in the ass before making a run for it when Jonas screeched.

Every day is a holiday.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 PM
such sights to show you

Squash is getting more tan on his ears as he gets older.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Top Dog

I work at a doggy daycare/boarding facility. We had this 7 month old poodle mix puppy boarding here for a month. He didn't seem to mind it really and loves playing with the other dogs in play group, but a month is a long time, especially for a puppy. Well he finally went home monday and was due to come back at the end of the month to stay for another entire month. Yesterday while I was working his owner just shows up to drop him off now instead. So the poor thing is going to be here for basically another month and a half after being home for like 3 days. I mean, why'd they get him? We're an entirely inside facility too, so he hasn't seen grass or fresh air. I don't know when they got him but I wonder if he's even bonded to anyone. He's probably obsessed with other dogs though. It just doesn't seem right at all.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Sport Model Pug

Pug gets to try out this stuff soon.

I'm far too excited for the new Orijen freeze dried foods.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Sport Model Pug

Izzie just used me as a treat dispensing toy.

She knew I had cookies in my vest pocket so she did her play dance with me while I was on the floor counting stock knowing that I'd lay down and play with her thus allowing treats to fall out of my pocket so she could eat them.

Clever little dog!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

My dog is very silly. Just spent 10 minutes zooming around the yard, now he's tired.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/