Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Club Terrible - President

Default How often do you clean?

How often do you sweep/vacuum/mop/etc, clean bathroom, pick up dog poop, mow the lawn, wipe down counters, wash linens and dog beds, etc? How big is your house, how many beds/baths, how many people and animals living there?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
How often do you sweep/vacuum/mop/etc, clean bathroom, pick up dog poop, mow the lawn, wipe down counters, wash linens and dog beds, etc? How big is your house, how many beds/baths, how many people and animals living there?
4 bedroom/2.5 bath house, 1800 sf + 900 sf finished basement. 2 adults, 1 dog

Sweep/Mop/vacuum: A couple times a week. More now that I have Neato the robot vacuum
Bathrooms: Whenever I see they need it. We really only use the master.
Dog poop: Never. One small dog, one large yard...it just goes away. If I had kids playing in the yard I'd be more diligent
Lawncare: Once a week in the summer, every other week spring/fall.
Counters: Multiple times a day. After any food prep.
Linens: Every 2-3 weeks? Should be more...but...I'm lazy and hate trekking up and down multiple flights of stairs with laundry.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Cali, I'm piggy backing on your format

4 bedroom/2.5 bath house, 2500 sf. 2 adults, 5 dogs!

Sweep/Mop/vacuum: We try to sweep every day. Sometimes it will be every other day. We mop the floors once a week.
Bathrooms: Whenever they need it. I generally wipe down the counters, clean the toilets, and empty the trash once a week. We generally just use our master bathroom, and our 1/2 bathroom downstairs.
Dog poop: Never. All of our dogs are fed a raw diet, and it disintegrates very quickly.
Lawncare: Once a week in the summer, every other week spring/fall. We have a company do it for us, otherwise we'd never keep up on it!
Counters: Multiple times a day. After any food prep.
Linens: Every week, sometimes more often (I love clean sheets!). The dog bedding gets washed on a weekly basis as well.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Club Terrible - President

Awesome format Cali, thank you! Forgot to add, what kind of floors does everyone have?

Technically 3 bed (one of the bedrooms was split shortly after the house was built and is an "office", but we use it as a fourth bedroom. Same size as one of the others), 2 bath, 1638 sqft, unfinished basement. 5 adults, 4 dogs (+ boarding/daycare dogs), 4 cats.

Floors: Hardwood floor throughout, not including bathrooms and basement.
Sweep/Mop/Vacuum: Trying to get into the habit of sweeping or vacuuming daily.
Bathrooms: Downstairs is once per week, upstairs is probably once per month. I don't use the upstairs bathroom much, so I don't remember to clean it. Nobody else does, of course :P
Dog poop: Every day to ever other day.
Lawncare: Lawn gets mowed usually once per week in the summer, bi weekly in the spring/fall.
Counters: I rarely use the counters, so I wipe them down after I use them. Should be more, nobody else does it.
Linens: I shoot for once per week on dog beds and our stuff. Brother hasn't done his in months, parents generally do theirs about once per week. We do regular laundry usually every 4-5 days.

Parents' linens aside, I'm really the only one who does anything as far as housework goes. Rick mows the lawn. I've been slacking a ton lately, but I'm trying really hard to get back into it. I enjoy having a clean house, it's hard when nobody else makes any effort.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Awesome format Cali, thank you! Forgot to add, what kind of floors does everyone have?
Tile in our front hallway, kitchen, and all bathrooms.

Bamboo in the rest of the house

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Behavior Nerd

1800 sq. ft ranch-style house, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, laminate throughout, area rug in the living room. 2 adults, 4 dogs, and a cat.

Sweep/Mop/vacuum:
Vacuum every few weeks. Mop a few times/yr, usually after the rainy seasons.
Bathrooms: DH is in charge of these and he is supposed to do them once/month. I think it's closer to every 6 weeks. >.<
Dog poop: Daily - I have a poop eater, though she's getting much much better!
Lawncare: Once a week in the summer, generally every other week spring/fall.
Counters: At least weekly, but the food prep areas are every other day.
Linens: Towels weekly, bed linens every other week.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:46 PM
aka RedHotBabe

4 bedroom, 3.5 bathrooms, and a guest suite sort of thing, I guess.

Sweep/Mop/Vacuum: A few times a week. I mop each time I vacuum.
Bathrooms: The full bath that I use is at least twice a week. The half bath that's used less often is maybe once a week.
Dog poop: When I feel like it. One dog on an acre isn't too much of an issue.
Lawncare: I think they come weekly. I don't pay attention.
Counters: Feels almost constant. There's a certain orange kitty who is convinced the no counter rule does not apply to him.
Linens: Every week.

If I had enough time, I feel like I'd clean constantly. I love things to be neat and clean. Clutter and dirt are a definite no with OCD.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm All Ears

Not often enough. Right now I am just working on catching up then maintaining the rooms I fix.... Ugh I always swear I won't let it pile up like I always do...
Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

5 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 kitchens. Sometimes there is just me, my husband and my dad, in the summer my girls come home from school. My son and his wife live nearby so they come over alot with my granddaughter.

Sweep/Mop/vacuum: Everyday somebody vacuums the whole house. I have pretty bad allergies and my cats shed like crazy.
Bathrooms: Give them a quick wipe down daily, the kids do their own and not enough for my liking.
Dog poop: Everyday, we use the yard a lot so I pick it up when I see her go.
Lawn care: Once a week..
Counters: Multiple times a day. I use clorox wipes a few times a day after eating or drinking.
Linens/laundry: Every other day. My husband does our laundry, the kids do their own and my dad does his own. We have 2 sets of washer/dryers and it does seem like they are always running.
I have 1 small dog that doesn't shed and 2 big cats that shed unbelievably.

Last edited by LindaJD; 06-25-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 PM
rotties are my kryptonite

1230sqft, 3br/2ba, 2 adults, 5 dogs, 4 cats

Sweep/Mop/Vacuum: I vacuum at least once a week, but need to get in the habit of doing it 2-3x a week. We have laminate floors in the living room/foyer area, linoleum in the bathrooms & carpet in the hallway and all of the bedrooms. At some point, I want tile in my kitchen & bathrooms and laminate/hardwood in the rest of the house.

Bathrooms: As needed.

Dog poop: Um, never? We have these weird beetle type bugs that eat poops nearly as soon as they hit the ground.

Lawncare: SO mows the yard weekly during the spring/summer and as needed in the fall/winter.

Counters: As needed, after food prep, whenever a mess is made...

Linens: Weekly.
my delicate little flower