Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 06-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Zipbeh Zerooo

Default Holdens Birthday Bash

I can't believe it's been 4 years already that my berner boy has been in this world. I recently started a bernese mountain dog meet up group here in vancouver and figured his birthday would be a great excuse to have a get together. SkKi and I organized a raffle draw for prizes (top prize including an in studio photoshoot for their berner). We also made mini bernese cupcakes for the humans (great thanks to miss Skki as I just helped put face on the cupcakes.

http://imgur.com/CpBStEa

Of course since Pit turns 6 today we had to include him in the cupcakes

The party was a huge success, 32 berners and many non berners came to the party. This is the fun we had:

Old 06-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Love the cupcakes! Can't see the video because my internet is slow today, but he's so adorable! That Toller is pretty handsome, too.

Happy birthday, Holden!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I love this!!!! They look so happy

I've just set up a gsp meet up here, any tips for making a success appreciated!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Happy Birthday to Holden and Pit!

I love your videos, they always make me laugh.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Zipbeh Zerooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I love this!!!! They look so happy

I've just set up a gsp meet up here, any tips for making a success appreciated!!
Thats so awesome you started your own group! Starting my berner group has been amazing. The only tips i have for you would be to have a great site that is easy to sign up and post events to (I use meetup.com) as well as a facebook group. I made business cards and handed them out to any berner i saw (still do and now even my members do it for me). I have a great friend who is my photographer and I make the event videos. Another key was i linked my group to any local breeders, daycares and vets etc..

I hope it takes off and becomes a huge hit, also PICTURES are a must
Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Those cupcakes are ADORABLE!

And it's awesome that both of you took the initiative to start groups! :-)
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Top Dog

Very cool!! That's a lot of happy dogs. I always look forward to your videos, they are fantastic!

Very cute cupcakes too.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbc0 View Post
Thats so awesome you started your own group! Starting my berner group has been amazing. The only tips i have for you would be to have a great site that is easy to sign up and post events to (I use meetup.com) as well as a facebook group. I made business cards and handed them out to any berner i saw (still do and now even my members do it for me). I have a great friend who is my photographer and I make the event videos. Another key was i linked my group to any local breeders, daycares and vets etc..

I hope it takes off and becomes a huge hit, also PICTURES are a must
Well it's very much in its infancy!! I'm on the gsp uk Facebook group, and basically named a day, time and place and said be there lol! I'd like to collect some money for gsp rescue!

But I do want to make it a regular thing, and see if I can get more people along to the next one, and raise more money maybe!!

You're making me think I should start a separate page though for meet ups, as the main page is mainly chit chat hmmmmmm! Good ideas, thanks!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Zipbeh Zerooo

Thank you everyone for the compliments, Holden had a great birthday and everyone enjoyed those cupcakes!! Im so glad as they took Skki quite some time to make.