Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Angry Bad Vets

I picked up Beulah from the vet the other day and she was filthy and smelled like urine. It was like the vet put her in a little pen and left her there all day and she used the bathroom in there and just had to sit in it. I am so furious. I thought vets were supposed to take good care of animals while they were there. But this vet did not. My dogs will not be going back there ever again. Beulah will not even go there to get her stitches out. I am so mad, I just can't believe they treated my dog like that.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

That is unbelievable I can't believe they left your dog in there. I would definitely say something and also be changing vets. We work so hard to train our animals and to think they can ruin in it by doing what they did.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 AM
GSP/Lab Mix!

I cant believe that. Switch vets, definitally.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Disappointed :(

That's disgraceful. Why not go back when he's busy and ask very loudly why your dog was treated like that and returned in a state? I would never use him again in any case - but you might get the message across, maybe get some $ back and hopefully make him think??
Old 02-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Felurian

There are state boards of professional responsibility that self-regulate and discipline members that do not adhere to professional standards of practice that you can submit complaints to. Even if your complaint doesn't result in significant disciplinary actions, it is a real pain to the professional because it not only goes in their file; they must answer each and every complaint and every letter concerning that complaint.

I think this definitely deserves a complaint.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I was just so shocked that they would treat her that way!!! I've already told everyone I know down here not to use that vet
Old 02-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

My sister has to get her two dogs spayed, and I told her to go to the other vet we use. They charge a lot more, but I've learned it's well worth it if they are going to take better care of the dogs while they are there.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

I've had soooo many bad experiences with vets that I'm not even gonna get started... dog being left with other dogs and mine getting bitten...catching WORMS at the vet's clinic...not getting fed....coming from the clinic covered in dog pee...receiving anesthesia BEFORE my consent when I took messina in to get her spayed!...gawd...do I need to go on?

and ashmore..vets that charge more aren't necessarily better...if they care about animals so much they wouldn't be trying to get people bankrupt in the first place....there are so many vets out there that are in it for the money...its disgusting...

I'd look around if I were you..."shop" around and find who u feel would do the best job...go into the clinic and ask to see the facilities/kennels where the dogs are...speak to the vet(s)..ask some of your friends who they would recommend...my current vet is pretty good..she's a nice lady...and she doesn't charge a fortune..

I found her through a local park I used to go to..met some dog people there and we started talking about vets..and they told me she's awesome....well needless to say she is quite a gentle woman...I had to remove a growth from Messina's paw...and any other vet would have automatically put her to sleep for surgery...but not her..I told her my concern with anesthesia and how I'm not comfortable with it...so she went out of her way and just gave my dog a local...got some of the staff to hold her down while she removed the growth in 15 minutes...clean and quick...it healed up perfectly and she told me messina didn't even twitch a muscle..I was so happy I just wish ALL vets were the same.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM
no touchy

I am so sorry. I would definitely switch vets. I don't think I realize how lucky I am to have a good vet that treats my dogs correctly and that my dogs enjoy....
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Playful Husky Pup

That is horrible your poor pup. Changing vets is something i would do. This may sound corny but if you can't trust your vet with your dogs who can you trust?

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie