Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Let's Talk About Bathing Suits

***DISCLAIMER- If you're from any of the places receiving snow today, you may not want to read any further! I don't want to be hunted down a day before I leave for vacation ***

Bathing suits are such a summer necessity (and a year long necessity here!). What are your favorite types? What are your favorite brands? Favorite stores?

This year, I'm loving the bandeau tops- no tan lines!

My favorite store is Victoria's Secret- I especially like the Pink section ones. I already love their undergarments, and their bathing suits always fit me so well. I bought 2 of this style top for my trip (the coral colorblock and the blue):

http://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/...alogueType=OLS

I've occasionally had good luck at Target (I have a bathing suit I bought almost 3 years ago that has held up SO well).

So... time to share!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Target is hit or miss for me! Some years they have some great suits that are super cute, other years I think everything is hideous. Last year my old suits got to be too big, and when I had my body fat analysis done and it came back way more awesome than I thought I went out to buy some new suits in celebration. And it just so happened they were super clearance at the time, haha. I think I ended up keeping two and they are both super cute!

I used to really love tankinis and board shorts, but it's hard to find any that are cute anymore. Old Navy used to be really good for those, but not anymore. The only tankinis I find anymore are very... frumpy looking. Very "clearly this swimsuit was made for an older lady who is trying to cover up her belly and still go to the pool." And all the board shorts are just plain black or white coverups for the self-conscious, nothing that is designed to be worn and be cute! I have a blue pair that I can still fit into from when I was in high school, but it doesn't match my new suits... whomp whomp. =<

Roxy is hands down my favourite brand as far as appearances go, but they are pretty expensive, so I haven't owned a Roxy suit in many many years.

And I still want this suit:
http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/bet...-swimsuit.html
BAD. I want it so bad.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Roxy is hands down my favourite brand as far as appearances go, but they are pretty expensive, so I haven't owned a Roxy suit in many many years.

I used to LOVE Roxy suits- I would get a new one every summer at PacSun, but apparently they don't sell Roxy anymore. They always fit me the best, and are very cute. I still have one from 2-3 years ago that fits and looks good.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Let it be

These are my shorts.

I am still looking for a proper fitting top.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Slave to the Aussie

I have this! I love a little retro look!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

That suit is really adorable Katie.

I would love a suit like this:

But I would get such awful tan lines, not worth it, but they are so pretty and sexy.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I actually got a few really cute bathing suits from Ardenes that where super cheap and have held up really well the past two summers. I don't really want to buy expensive bathing suits because I wear them camping, boating and if one gets wrecked its like MEH. I payed like 30.00 for it.

This is one of them, that I really, really love.

And I have one from winners that is like 5 years old that I still wear. I do not think I have changed sizes since like grade 12. lol

I think bathing suits can last forever.

And Jesse, I love bandeau, even the non bathing suit ones, I always wear them instead of Bras, because they are comfy, and I can wear them with my shirts with lacy backs.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff