Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Imaginary friends?

Well, my childhood videos are being studied by some childhood developmental researchers because my parents, worrisome as ever, used to hide and set up hidden cameras in the house to observe me talking with and playing with Augustus, my imaginary friend.

The videos are quite funny. I used to talk to him about basically everything and we used to color and watch TV together and play chess/checkers.. the researchers are particularly interested because when I spoke to him I would turn my head, look, listen, and respond (like you would in conversation with a person) and would do things like walk and wait for him to catch up (even when walking a hallway alone)
It used to really freak my parents/older brothers out one of my brothers especially thought I was talking to a ghost and I remember him getting upset when I said Gus was sitting next to him at the dinner table

They say imaginary friends are common with only kids (I was 10 years younger than my brothers), without pets and like me, who weren't allowed to watch TV lol

I used to remember what he looked like but now I hardly can. I still remember what I thought he sounded like I think!

I can only remember a handful of things, mostly from the videos and me telling my parents.

- He was from England (lol who knows where I got that from)
- He liked to ride horses (which is strange because he wasn't a person)
- He only ate ice cream
- He liked to play chess
- His favorite color was orange, which I hated because I hated orange
- He slept on the moon
- He was picked on in school
- He was very good at math

I don't even remember when exactly I stopped talking to him, one day it just happened I guess. I used to get picked on at school because people knew, so I assume that helped speed the process of forgetting about him.

I told my parents he went to live on the moon and couldn't come down anymore. Which I always thought was pretty cute.

Any imaginary friends?

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.

Last edited by Fran101; 04-09-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Top Dog

I had one. He was a griffin named...Griffin. Haha.

On a long drive, I would pass the time by pretending he was running/flying beside the car and having to jump over obstacles and whatnot.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 PM
LABRADERP!

I had several imaginary dogs two stick out to me though. Cobb and Little Boy.
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Top Dog

Nope. Only imaginary horses
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Resident fainting goat

That's really cool! lol I remember doing that as well!

I can't even remember/explain what Augustus looked like. I know his size would change depending on where I was. and I know he was not a "humanoid" if we were gonna put a label on it

I'd say the closest thing would be a dragon.. type.. thing. But no claws, and rather large ears, and big eyes.
and I do believe he was furry! I'd love to have a sketch artist kind of figure him out one day

Did you imaginary animals speak? or follow you places?

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Twin 2

I never did the imaginary friend thing but I also had a sister, dogs/cats and two neighbor brothers that I spent most days with.

I was huge on the pretending to be something like being our golden's puppy or being a horse or a lion or coming up with crazy adventures in the yard involving swords (tree branches).

But no imaginary friends! Though, it's really cool hearing about them.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 AM
<--------Orson

I did not have any, but I had younger siblings by the time I was three. Now my oldest son was an only child for nine years and surrounded by adults at home, and he had an imaginary friend for a few years.

As I recall, his 'friend' was named little steve (not overly creative since my son's name is steve, lol) and he liked most of the things my son disliked. Ex: Steve hated spinach....little steve needed seconds. Steve didn't care for the green ranger...of course that was little steve's favorite one. I found it cute how he gave his friend the same name but made him opposite in his tastes, lol
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
I had one. He was a griffin named...Griffin. Haha.

On a long drive, I would pass the time by pretending he was running/flying beside the car and having to jump over obstacles and whatnot.
I had imaginary dogs and would do the same!

I had plenty of imaginary friends over the years but they were mostly TV characters that I liked. For a while Gex the Gecko (from a video game) was an imaginary friend. Also lots of imaginary dogs... lots. My parents should have just let me have a dog LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I DID WITH MY IMAGINARY HORSES!

lowercase
Old 04-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Top Dog

I used to have the imaginary horse run beside the car too. In reddit, there was a big thread of people who used to do this (I actually still do sometimes, but it doesn't work at high speeds anymore)

My horse was an Iberian type stallion, white with a black mane and tail and his name was Esteban.