Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Default Kayce Cover's Bridge and Target

Anyone have any experience with it? I've got a book about it I'm just getting around to reading. It's a little ~woo~ for me, but I'm kind of intrigued. The idea of two-way communication is very intriguing.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Behavior Nerd

I saw it demonstrated at a clicker expo years ago - VERY "woo" and what I saw left me with more questions than answers tbh.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

I'm getting real tired of her misunderstanding/misrepresenting other forms of training (mainly clicker). But there are some interesting ideas for thinking about the parameters of a behavior, and for planning.

There's not a lot of substance. Nothing really about actually training behaviors. Use targets, an intermediate bridge, and a terminal bridge. That's the whole book. And don't feed after every terminal bridge, which I disagree with strongly. And it doesn't get into motivation, supposedly that's in "Volume 2" that I don't think exists.

I'm doing some thinking about an intermediate bridge, especially after the revelation that markers cue behaviors. Another (clicker) trainer mentioned she used one for weave poles, maybe there's application for heeling and other duration behaviors? It might be a way to get over my reliance on a NRM.