Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Juicing?

Anybody here really into juicing?

I got a new juicer and really love it! I'm thinking of doing a juice cleanse for a few days.

This is my favorite green (veggie) juice so far!

1 cucumber
2 celery stalks
half a carrot
1 bunch of kale
1 small bunch mint
1 small bunch parsley
1 green apple

Anyone have any recipes or have done a cleanse before?

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Careful, I posted about detox/cleanse and was told in no uncertain terms that they don't exist

I still think they make you feel good and kick start your will power.

I have a list of recipes, I haven't tried them, but someone I know did a juice diet. Some of them were YUMMY.

If I find the list ill post some.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Resident fainting goat

I mean I don't have some fantasy about juice cleanses "cleaning out my body" or anything, I just like to cleanse as a way to kick start changes in diet.

I've done a cleanse before and I like it. I've seen the results and that's all the proof I need frankly lol the change in my schedule, move to a new city, new school, work etc.. got me off track but I think a cleanse is a great way to get me "back on the wagon" so to speak lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I mean I don't have some fantasy about juice cleanses "cleaning out my body" or anything, I just like to cleanse as a way to kick start changes in diet.

I've done a cleanse before and I like it. I've seen the results and that's all the proof I need frankly lol the change in my schedule, move to a new city, new school, work etc.. got me off track but I think a cleanse is a great way to get me "back on the wagon" so to speak lol
I agree, the idea of stopping eating junk and flooding myself with fruit, veg and vitamins is very appealing, and it's as much about changing habits as it is doing any good.

Frankly, that's my idea of a diet, less about food more about habits!!!

There was a really nice recipe with pineapple and spinach in it I think. It was green and refreshing. And she said it only cost about 40 for 7 days, and there was soups and salads in there that you had in the evening.

I make smoothies most days. Frozen fruit and fruit juice, with oats (help with ibs, tmi). I add zero fat yoghurt and honey sometimes too.

Keep thinking about whacking some veg in... I can't lie though, your fave recipe looks like something I'd avoid... I hate celery and cucumber.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

I'm huge into smoothies, and love the idea of "detoxing" myself from junk...

I've never tried a green veggie mix, just can't get my head around the idea... May have to try it!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

That sounds delicious.

I drink a lot of carrot-orange juice.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

When we lived in CO, we lived with a couple who did the juice diet. We would spend a good 2.5 hours a week doing huge batches of juice.

Obviously, the more fruit you use, the sweeter the juice. I personally liked a little more cucumber.. We used a lot of spinach and carrots in ours.

I liked it. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get back into it, but I can't seem to want to spend the money on a juicer right now. Lol.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle