Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Top Dog

Default Spot left after tick removed

I was wanting to know what you guys though about this.

Yoshi had a tick near her nose.

Today I saw that there was a scab on her fur so pulled it out and took a look. There is a raised bump. The top part of it is kind of a whiteish color which at first I thought was pus but it isn't. It almost feels like a wart.

She isn't scratching it and doesn't care if you poke at/around it. It's not swollen around it and even though the pics are kind of dark and looks red the skin around it isn't even that red it's mostly her pink color coming through.

I put some disinfectant on it and I'll keep an eye on it. I don't think I ever remember a tick leaving a spot like this and was wondering if you guys think this needs a vet visit?

Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM
orange iguanas.

The couple of times I've removed a tick from Juno, I know they left a lump behind... not really sure of how big the lumps were, but easily noticeable.

Honestly I'd just clean it and watch it for a couple days. Certainly bring her in if it starts looking worse... but otherwise I'd just wait and see if it goes down on its own.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Behavior Nerd

A histiocytoma is probably what you're seeing - they generally go away on their own, but do keep an eye on it. The ones my dogs have gotten have all been after tick removals and they gradually just go away over the course of a few weeks.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

That happens, I've removed enough ticks from my dogs to know. Jinjo still has a tiny bald spot on top of his head from one that was removed about 2 years ago, Bleh!