Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Aware

Default How'd you meet your SO?

I met Rick on a reptile forum (Pangea) about four years ago. It was the first week of summer and I had nothing to do, really, so I hopped into the chat room, where he was. We got to talking and well... that was that. I was 13, he was 15. He lived in Washington State, and I was/am in Connecticut. We danced around the whole relationship thing for a few years because of distance, and decided finally to give it a shot in October of '11. He finally came to visit last August, was here for a month, and neither of us could handle being apart when he left. Six weeks later, he was back, and he's currently snoring upstairs. I couldn't be happier.

How'd you meet your guy or gal?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM
SBT Lover!!

That's so cool! I love that you met your love on a forum! I've made many friends on forums.

I met my boyfriend of 5 years (hopefully some day will be a husband) at my former job at a health food store. I had worked there about a month when he walked in. I was immediately taken aback. When he was introduced to me and reached out to shake my hand, I missed his hand and sort of smacked him in the arm. From there we got into a discussion about awkward handshakes, and made our secret handshake (which we still do today). He later told me that he had a "love at first sight" sort of reaction, too. What neither of us realized at the time, though, was that we were 8 years apart. When we found out, it almost kept us from becoming a couple. Luckily, we decided that it didn't really matter if we cared about each other. The rest, is history.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Aware

And because I feel like cute pictures should be manditory:

His hair looks ridiculous when it's that short, but he's cute. hahaha
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Jason and I met on a GSD forum
Old 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM
SBT Lover!!

Ooh! Are we doing pictures!? Here's the OH and I at his sister's wedding this past summer, pretty much my favorite picture of us, ever.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

On an online game. I was probably 13 he was probably 15. Friends for years, lost touch. I talked to him again at around 18. We met for the first time in the summer of 2011 in Chicago. (He lived in Wisconsin, I lived in Arkansas.) He moved down here to be with me and we've been living together for a year now.

That's the short story, at least.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

I'm single, but the pictures are cute!!

I met my ex-fiance and the only other guy I dated both through mutual friends. Ex-fiance showed up to a High School friend's birthday gathering, other guy (my baby's father) tagged along with a friend (who I met in the hospital) to the beach to play frisbee. Kind of boring.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Friends of friends, or I dated a few guys who once worked retail with me (after I or they quit.) A couple of guys I have met online, but long distance is not my thing, so I'm not really interested in that anymore (outside of meeting somebody local online, that is.)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Glutton for Crazy

We met in college, we had mutual friends for a while as I was in a sorority and he was pledging a fraternity. I was dating Denis' fraternity brother. We were in the midst of breaking up, he was a stereotypical jerk, and every guy around us was either too afraid of my ex to be seen with me or just as big of an ass, meanwhile I just needed a stable friend. Denis presented that and the rest is history. We have been together five years or so. We don't have an anniversary. I shall hunt down photos of our awkwardly awesomeness.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

Ok, I feel I didn't share enough LOL

We "knew" each other on a GSD forum and I shamelessly stalked Ikie because I was looking for a shepherd to do Schutzhund with. Jason was interested in Dutchies...and we both liked Corgis. He "knew" several of my SchH training club at the time so I invited him out to visit "the club" haha The rest is history...

He moved from TX to MI to be with me and then we both relocated to TN when he got an amazing job offer...quickly followed by my getting a job offer from the same company.

Couple of pics...

This is from our engagement photos. This is my favorite

A random one