Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Active Pup

Default stinky farts

My puppy has the worst gas ever!!! I was wondering if it was the food or if its a siberian husky thing. I feed them Eukanuba and I can't take the smell any longer. His coat is shiny and glossy from the food but the gas is just overwhelming and embarrassing when people come over. After he eats his mouth smells like horrible fish and I need advice from you guys. What dog food to change too!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Felurian

Oh, we've all dealt with that one a time or two! Buffy, our first Fila, was deadly! You never heard them, but eeeewww, when the smell got it's claws in your nose . . . horrible! Charlie was insisting on feeding her Purina HiPro, which isn't much worse quality food than the Eukanuba.

Bimmer, being the gentleman he is, almost never farts. I really can't remember him ever having gas, but his digestion is so efficient. He can catch and eat a groundhog and not have any smell on his breath.

Shiva and Kharma, along with Bimmer, of course, are on the Innova, and although the two dainty girls still fart occasionally (it's a Fila trait), it's not anywhere near as noxious as Buffy's were. They're also having less waste products since their food is very digestible.

Maybe Phyl will have something to say. Her Corgan is a Siberian.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Puppy Dog

Talking Hey Top Dog Stink-Farts

I'm sure the farting situation is the food. I have a Husky and he has the worst diet. All he wants is boiled chicken and rice! He was a sickly puppy....always had lose stool, so the doc put him on the chicken and rice and I never could break him of it...or break me of it I should say.
He never had the farting problem....but I've heard that Husky's have a very delicate stomach.....which to me seems strange because they look like wolfs and I'm sure wolfs eat anything, ha ha!! Try changing the food now before he gets used to it, but I think it may be something he or she may out grow.
You are going to enjoy this breed....they have great personalities. Good Luck......Phyl
Old 04-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Show Dog

Perhaps you should take the dog to the vet? Because I feed my puppy with Eukanuba and he NEVER farts. He's a Cocker Spaniel, though. And he doesn't have a smelly breath either. I don't know about other dogs eating that, but his coat is shiny and very soft, I'm very pleased with the food! I'm sorry about your problem
Old 04-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Active Pup

I have to say, my pug also emits a really bad odor and he's on eukanuba. I never did connect his food to his smell, i just thought pugs were just really big farters but now that you mentioned it, maybe it is the type of food they eat. Im just guessing.....
Old 04-26-2004, 02:57 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I also feed my dogs eukanuba... never had a gas problem, but all dogs are different. Change the food and see if it helps any, that's what I would do.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Active Pup

My dog also farts alot too...Today it has been TERRIBLE!!!...I recently switched his food & I think that may be it...I'm thinking he is not going to be on this food much longer...They are not silent and deadly...They are loud and deadly!!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Puppy Dog

We feed our Dane Chicken Soup for the Adult Lovers Soul. From what I've heard it is perfectly normal to have a dog that may have more gas than others. Vader actually gets noisey sometimes. And he reeks! It is especially bad at night while he is asleep. He also belches loud!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Big Dog

I give mine Iams my Dobe loves it IN THE BLUE BAG .. OR PUPPY IAMS TRY THAT YOUR DOGGIE WILL LOVE IT AND MAYBE HIS GAS WILL STOP WE HOPE..ALL DOG'S HAVE GAS.. OR MIX SOME OLIVE OIL IN HIS FOOD TOO.. GOOD LUCK
SHEILA.