Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Default Puppy has no bladder control AT ALL.

Hey guys. I'm asking a question for my sister. She and my dad imported a Dutchie from somewhere over in Europe. She flew in a month ago, almost to the day. So, I want to say she is about 3 1/2 months old. Anywho, she has absolutely no bladder control at all. Like, if she has to pee, it happens NOW. No warning or anything. And, I guess when she pees, she only dribbles a little and then will dribble a little more a few minutes later. I met her today, so I've seen first hand, and it is just really strange.

I have no idea what their housebreaking methods are. I'm pretty sure she poops consistently outside, though.

I have told my sister that I think it is either a UTI or bladder issues. Or, that it could be related to the fact that somebody over there effed up and gave her a rabies shot or something. My dad are not on speaking-terms, so my knowledge is pretty limited other than what my sister says, and she has been pretty general... Typical 16 year old. Hah. However, I told my sister that Izzy needs to go to the vet, like TODAY, for the past month, however, my dad won't take her as he doesn't think anything is wrong. I was just curious if you had any input as to what it could be going on? I've never really seen anything like this...

PS, cookies if you read this. It's late and I'm kinda all over the place. Plus, I don't have a ton of information since she isn't mine.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

UTI is immediately suspect. Possibly bladder stones.

Has she ever peed a large amount? How much water does she drink in a day?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

As I started reading I kept thinking back to Enda as a puppy, she would literally just stop in the middle of playing, go, then rush back to playing, no matter how often I got her out! It was like, she's up so she's going every 5 mins! Yet, she would sleep through the entire night no problems, even though I forced her up around midnight every night just to make sure we got through the night.

Anyway, however, the going a small amount then dribbling isn't normal at all! At best, I'm also thinking UTI, at worst, you could be dealing with something like EU (Ectopic Utterer sp?) which can be corrected at the time of spay but does make the entire procedure cost more.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

UTI, if not a medical issue then its a "not paying attention" issue lol. She isnt recognizing the feeling, or is too busy to pay the feeling attention lol...... I have one who is almost 7, and still every once in a great while, pees in his sleep!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I don't know. 3.5 months is still very young. Maybe she's just a dirty girl! Fred's housetraining has been so different to Bodhi. Even now he will dribble a bit if he's excited to go out, and walks about and pees (outside!), and is very lazy...

A vet check can't hurt though!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Hey guys. Thanks for all the responses. I got to spend a little more time with her today, and she has gotten a ton better. If it was a UTI, it must have cleared up on it's own. She is actually peeing in full force now, not just in short dribbles, and seems to know that she has to go. So, hopefully the problem has resolved itself and will not be an issue any longer!

Thanks again for all the help, I truly appreciate it!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Top Dog

For future reference, hoping that you won't need it, UTI's are common with female pups. If she is having any change in housetraining, dribbling, going more frequently, etc, I would assume its a UTI until proven otherwise. Glad she's feeling better!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Top Dog

If she's improved that much, it may have been just a matter of maturity.