Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Cavalierfriend

Default I need some advice

Hey everybody!

It has been a long time since I visited this page, because I decided not to get me a new puppy. But now I have changed my nind again, and as long as my economic situation do not change, I will get me a puppy this spring.

But. I have one question for you.

I allready have got a male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and have now been thinking of getting a female CKCS. The problem is that my Mico is a horny boy, and I guess it will be quit wild conditions during the heat.

Have you got some good suggestions of what to do without sterilize Mico?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:22 PM

Nope, get your little boy neutered. Unless you plan on puppies??? But my suggestion is to get your boy neutered now.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Cavalierfriend

But I do not really want to do that. Cut his balls of...it is too dramatic....

I need some more information about it first.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

get him done its more heathlyier
Old 01-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Island dweller

Neuter him. YOu'll both be happier and he'll be healthier.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Big Dog

If the only thing holding you back is the surgery or the thought of doing this to him......you def. need to rethink the situation. It truly isn't an intrusive surgery-much less pain than for a female. In fact, it is much more responsible to spay or neuter your dogs than not to. Honestly, I consider it more of a duty as a pet owner.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:57 PM

believe me, at first I had the same fears about neutering as you...and I worried it was soooo invasive. But, it just isn't so. It wasn't a big deal at all...he 'looks' the same....and he is the same loveable guy, only now I don't have the 'lookin for love' issues to deal with. We came home from the surgery, and he was my usual boy the very next day. Nothing to fear. I pondered it for a couple months after he was of age......then decided to go ahead. Best decision I ever made. It really is best for his health.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

You can neuter him or spay her. Even if you neuter him it still doesn't stop him from humping her. You will still need to live watching both of them humping. IF you don't want to I guess you can put diapers on both of them. hehe
Old 01-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Corgi bum

Yes...I agree...my male Doxie didn't act any worse for the wear. He was running around like nothing had happened to him. I had to insist that he lay quietly.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Island dweller

There really isn't any reason not to spay or neuter your dogs. There are so many animals killed every day from accidental pregnancies. Don't think that you pup won't jump the fence and be responsible for a few "accidents" himself occassionally!

Your dog will not be running around thinking with his "dumb stick" (sorry guys) anymore. He will be easier to train, easier to handle (this varies with different dogs), he will be happier less stressed out and you can rest easy knowing that you have helped all of the suffering animals at rescues just a little. Because every litter of four that your pup helps create is four puppies that won't be adopted out of a rescue. Or that will end up in a rescue if they aren't adopted.

This is a good article about it http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-1924.html

sorry it's a dummies.com! That doesn't reflect my opinion of you.