Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Active Pup

Default Puppy Question

I have a 15 week old bernese/mini labradoodle mix. At 10 weeks she started having a bunch of peeing accidents as well as peeing continuously when we went for a walk. Took her to the vet with urine sample. She had crystals (struvite) but no infection. The vet told me to augment her diet with Hills S/D. Because she is so young she did not want her to lose the nutrients of the puppy food I give her. So she gets kibble soaked in water with the Hills. After 2 weeks we tested her and the crystals were gone but an infection was now showing. Antibiotics were prescribed for 2 weeks. Tested and she had no crystals, no infection but elevated white blood cells so extended antibiotics for two weeks. Now she just went in for testing and her urine is basic and the crystals are back. Any suggestions? She is a great little puppy that wants to pee outside but still has accidents. The vet wants me to do a culture of her urine and go back on the Hills food along with the other food. I'm not sure what to do or what is causing this. Very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions?????
Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Love my pets

Welcome to Chaz. I suggest you put your question in the health section so more people will see it and may be able to give suggestions.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

The only advice I have is to get a second opinion from another vet.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com