Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Active Pup

Question urination problem

I have two dogs, both are labs, one is a 7 year old male, and the other is a 4 year old female.
both are house broken, but we are having a problem with the female. she will be fine for sometimes a month or longer, then out of the blue, she will urinate in the house. the most recent was last night. they had already been outside to do their "buisness", and were in for the night. I was fixing dinner, and had gone up stairs for just a few minutes. when I came back down, she had urinated in the middle of her sleeping pad.
I don't know what else to try, any advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Keith
Old 03-16-2004, 06:42 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I think its hard for me to say, not knowing the dog or anything. It could be that she isn't going outside fast enough and she still has to go when she comes in so she does go. I would suggest leaving her out longer or keeping a close eye on her, I know you went upstairs just for a few seconds, but during that unsupervised time is when it happened.
You said that she urinated in the middle of her sleeping pad. I had a dog that did this when another dog kept trying to sleep in her bed. She was being possesive and peeing on it was claiming it as hers.
Is your dog spayed? This was one of the reasons the dog I was fostering did this --
HTH

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 03-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Active Pup

yes, she is spayed.
I take them out in the morning befor I go to work, and they generailly don't have any problem holding it all day. then I take them out again when I get home, and again befor I turn in for the night, and generailly they have no problem holding it all day or night.
I don't think she was trying to be posessive of her sleeping pad, they switch pads all the time.
it just really puzzles me, because she will be fine for months at a time(never making a mess in the house) then out of the blue, she will pee on something. or ocasionally she will find something to chew on, but that is verry spurattic too.