Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Top Dog

Default Someone in New England needs a cat..

This cat has been hanging around the house a month or so, day and night...and driving my dogs just crazy running along the fence line. It's been driving me nuts because she is always out there. Yesterday morning I saw her in the yard, I threw a can of food down, she came over and ate...was very friendly. Put a big fat 'sucker' stamp on my head because I brought her in (in a bedroom/crated for now). I've posted on CL, called animal control (they won't pick up cats..told me to bring her to the county shelter), called the vets...so far, no one's looking for her. She's pretty friendly but kind of grouchy when stressed and I'm sure it will take some time to get her adjusted to other cats, but she is OK with the small dogs.

Sigh..I really, really need a home for her. I cannot keep another cat. I really have to draw the line at what I have now. I'm considering bringing her to the shelter (it's not crazy high kill but they do kill) but I really don't want to do that. I might give her a time frame for a rehome and if no other options, bring her up there.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

We found her a home . She's not leaving until Thanksgiving but whew! Yay!