Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

Default Bengals!

We are getting two and are VERY excited. We have names picked most likely (assuming we will not get two girls). They will be coming late Winterish. Tell me about yours, tell me products you love that you wish you had found sooner, good websites to shop at...The Corgis both are poop eaters, best litter boxes to prevent this. Our breeder recommended this really neat cat tree place that makes them out of natural branches so we are going to get one of those. Brands etc, things that will be able to stand up to more vigorous cats. She knows we have dogs, active, in the house dogs, so she is choosing VERY confident, out going kittens for us. Again, EXCITED! Hoping all works out. She will not send any with us that are not suitable so we are hoping there will be two suitable in her upcoming litters. Oh, pictures are always great too!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'm interested in them too though probably won't get one until I actually own my own home which is years down the road. Going to pay attention to this thread though.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:02 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Bengals? Oh boy, you will not have to worry about confidence. LOL! They shouldn't have any shortage of that...

I have two boys, littermates. They are a handful. Full of personality, charming, outgoing, friendly, and WICKED SMART. Too smart. If they get an idea in their head, there isn't much you can do to stop them.

My best advice? Keep them entertained. Find interactive toys they can play with, both with you (those balls in a track are good) and on their own (like "flirt pole" style toys to chase), and toys that they can carry (Ticheli has a Kong mini teddy bear that he takes everywhere). Give them appropriate places to climb. Train them like you would a dog. Seriously. They are smart enough to handle it, don't let them tell you otherwise. Honestly, I do think it helps a lot to give these cats a set of commands/tricks to learn, remember, and practice. Mine know sit, stay, roll over, shake hands, beg, play dead, have a good recall, and know that they are absolutely not allowed outside without a harness/leash on. And yes, they will walk on a harness/leash.

Good luck! Like I said, they are a handful, but still very fun. They make me want to tear my hair our sometimes, but the personality they bring is worth it. Most of the time. It's not always rainbows and bunnies with these guys.

And just so you believe me when I say they aren't always rainbows and bunnies...
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151166
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158833

ETA: I read the part where you said you were getting a cat tree, and then promptly forgot as I typed my response. LOL! Sorry to be redundant...

ETA Pt. 2: I also forgot to add my catbox thing... We have a covered catbox that we keep in a room that the dog isn't allowed/doesn't go. (For us, that happens to be the laundry room.) I know a few folks that go a step further and turn the covered catbox so the opening is towards a wall. That way the cats can squeeze in but dogs can't.

I have also seen catboxes that look basically like deep Rubbermaid toes with a hole cut in the lid that claim to be "dog proof"... I've never tried them but might be worth a look.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
I have also seen catboxes that look basically like deep Rubbermaid toes with a hole cut in the lid that claim to be "dog proof"... I've never tried them but might be worth a look.
The CleverCat! We sell them at work AND use them for all of our foster cats.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Got Floof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
The CleverCat! We sell them at work AND use them for all of our foster cats.

How does that work? I can't quite imagine it, my dog could definitely easily stick his head in that hole and eat up.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

This.

http://reviews.petco.com/3554/11197/...ws/reviews.htm

It's the kind I have and I love it. It has a little tunnel leading up into the box.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
This.

http://reviews.petco.com/3554/11197/...ws/reviews.htm

It's the kind I have and I love it. It has a little tunnel leading up into the box.

We used to have this litter box and both of my dogs have gotten their heads stuck in it at some point-lol.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 PM
and Spy.

You are going to have fun

They are awesome cats, and I miss mine so much. Not really a heck of a lot to add since you got some good advice but please do post photos! Also, can I ask whereabouts your breeder is? I want to get another one in a couple years and am tentatively looking into breeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:14 AM
Love my pets

Just a warning if you can't find your cat and get the litter box with the tunnel like Barbara! showed above, your cat may be sleeping in it! We couldn't find our cat & when we took the lid off, there he was. I can't use any litter box with tops on them or he thinks they are his new home!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
My best advice? Keep them entertained.

Give them appropriate places to climb.

Train them like you would a dog.
The first should not be too terribly difficult. We are active at home (I am usually interacting with one of my dogs the entire time we are "relaxing" in the living room - ie, not only petting, but tossing a ball, playing the give and take game, tugging etc etc), we have active dogs and I am obsessed with buying toys for everyone, everywhere LOL

This is the place we are getting our cat tree from: http://www.furwoodforest.com/

Jason likes this one:

And that last bit is super entertaining, I will start a list of tricks for them to learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
How does that work? I can't quite imagine it, my dog could definitely easily stick his head in that hole and eat up.
I am also curious about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
Also, can I ask whereabouts your breeder is? I want to get another one in a couple years and am tentatively looking into breeders
She is in GA. Not too far from us so we can drive to see the parents, her set up (her, because she's a friend), and the kittens!