Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Island dweller

Default dog "den"

Do your dogs love to sleep under things? neither of my dogs are small but we threw an old blanket under a table and they love to curl up under there. They can only do it one at a time so I may try to get another old table somewhere.
It's so easy to please them

Saje
Old 12-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Felurian

You're lucky. My big dogs like to sleep ON things - like our legs.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Andy

we had a bed and a crate for roxy to sleep in. she could choose between the two. but instead she chose to sleep under the kitchen table.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Alpha Dog

One of my dogs likes to go under the coffee table but the other one don't like it under anything.

Chazhound
Old 12-28-2004, 10:21 AM

Hammie likes to sleep under our bed. The funny thing is, he only puts his front half and there he is with his back half sticking out......tooooooo funny cause he thinks I don't know where he is. Mz. Addie would nevahhh be off the bed, or as we often refer to her as 'princess Addie'.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Top Dog

Princess sleeps wherever she feels like. She sleeps on the sofa, on the bed, next to the bed, next to the bed with her head under the bed, or under the computer desk at our feet. With her it depends on what room we are in at the time. She follows us around and wants to be near us at all times except for the moments Kat teases her with the thought that she may actually play with her for once!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Big Dog

all 3 dogs I have owned have loved to sleep under things. I am sure it just makes them feel secure and probably they think we can't see them. THe slept under the tables, under chairs, and under the bed when they have been naughty. But that is only because I can't reach under the bed!
Old 12-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Andy

my puppy used to run around under my parents bed. i would be at school and my dad would be the only one home. he, unlike my mom, doesnt care what roxy does (he just hates the barking more than anything). my mom said that roxy has to stay in an enclosed area the whole time we're gone but my dad would let roxy wander around when hes the only one home (he sneaks her out). he likes dogs but would prefer larger ones. well my dad sleeps all day because he works 2nd shift and roxy can stand under his bed without hitting her head (she was small). well she just runs in circles under the bed.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:45 PM
Show Dog

Blondie sleeps under things when he's not feeling well. He won't get under tables or other furniture, unless he's really sick. That's how we know he's not okay. Otherwise he sleeps happily on the floor, on his blanket or the couch, or in his doghouse.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Island dweller

Mikey, the pit, sleeps under the bed too. He wedges himself under there and sleeps right below me. I can hear him snoring and farting all night. The mattress acts as an excellent filter. If I stick my hand down between the wall and bed he'll lick my fingers. In the morning he quite often has to be rescued as he can't turn himself around enough to get out.